Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt I needed help on...Thanks Amma! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-i-needed-help-thanks-amma-t24383.html)

MsSage 08-22-2009 01:42 AM

Great job. I love the fabrics they are not as you said over the top.
I will look for why you only had a couple days to make this.....
geee see what happens when you cant spend alot of time here...oh well
AWESOME job as always :D

tlrnhi 08-22-2009 02:41 AM

MsSage....our CO is leaving, so the ward room (officers) asked my hubby if I could make a quilt. They had him call me and give them a price. I told them $100 plus the cost of materials. I started it Wed, they wanted it today (Sat) then said, Mon/Tues would be good. Then Friday night, hubs comes home and says....oh, they want it for tomorrow. UGH! So, needless to say, I got it done.
I won't do another with a timeframe like that, but I really like the CO's wife, she's a riot, and since it was mainly for her, I agreed.

sandpat 08-22-2009 04:09 AM

Terri...I love the back and thats a great label that you do! I read through to catch up and then saw what you sold it for...girl, you need to be horse whipped!!! That is WAY to cheap for a wonderful quilt like that! But, I guess for a friend like that, I think maybe I can see, but still......waaahhhhhh...to give up that one...for that price....... :cry: :cry:

CajunQuilter2 08-22-2009 04:13 AM

Oh wow terri, it came out wonderful. Love the rolling hills, works perfect with the front. Awesome label.

You rock!!

tlrnhi 08-22-2009 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Terri...I love the back and thats a great label that you do! I read through to catch up and then saw what you sold it for...girl, you need to be horse whipped!!! That is WAY to cheap for a wonderful quilt like that! But, I guess for a friend like that, I think maybe I can see, but still......waaahhhhhh...to give up that one...for that price....... :cry: :cry:

Thanks Patti
I know, it was for a good cause. I felt bad charging because all they really had to do was ask me and I would have done it for free lol
Like I said, I really like Jane, she's a great lady and she does so much for the community where ever she's at.
I enjoyed making it and my hand sewing for the binding is coming out better and better! :) :) You could hardly see any of the stitches!

tlrnhi 08-22-2009 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
Oh wow terri, it came out wonderful. Love the rolling hills, works perfect with the front. Awesome label.

You rock!!

Thanks Cajun. I just love that fabric. I'm going to keep a lookout for it and if I do find more, you can bet your bippy (whatever a bippy is) I'm going to buy all of it again! lol
The label is just from my machine. It has the design, actually 3 of them so you can put the initials in the middle. Sometimes I switch out the design and will use one of the others, but the one I used is my favorite.

omak 08-22-2009 06:03 AM

>I< know what a "bippy" is <g> ... 8)

sharon b 08-22-2009 09:50 AM

Terri It is wonderful ! I understand why she was thrilled, who wouldn't be :lol:
Sharon

Shemjo 08-22-2009 10:17 AM

I am so glad that the quilt was well received! And thanks for the story behind it! My computer has been acting up and I am on a borrowed one, so have less time to catch up! I DID vote for thje rolling hills fabric. Will have to check at the BF to see if they have any of that fabric. Mine only sells flats. :lol:

sewjoyce 08-22-2009 03:52 PM

Terri, that quilt is just awesome! Can't believe you got it done in such a short time and with your husband still breathing!

You did a marvelous job! :D