Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilting question--should I leave it as is or add the other direction? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilting-question-should-i-leave-add-other-direction-t45319.html)

barnbum 05-11-2010 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
If it were mine(only in my perfect quilting dreams), I would leave it. Its perfect.

Aww--I'l talk you through making one! It's not hard--and it's small... you can use my EQ6 plan... give it a go.

burnsk 05-11-2010 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Oh gosh-it's a tie. :lol: I'll have to wait for more replies, or I could ask my sister when she comes over tonight--it's for her.

MamaBear--I have more blocks, but I'm using them in the next top. Although, I checked wall space and I have no room, so I won't be in a hurry to make the next one.

OH my, you don't have wall space? Well, I'd be glad to let you use some of mine. I have plenty to share
:lol: :lol: :lol:

MaryAnna 05-11-2010 03:54 PM

too many cooks spoil the pot, and too much quilting spoils the quilt. It's stunning as it is, leave it as is. It's stunning.
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna

barnbum 05-11-2010 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by burnsk

Originally Posted by barnbum
Oh gosh-it's a tie. :lol: I'll have to wait for more replies, or I could ask my sister when she comes over tonight--it's for her.

MamaBear--I have more blocks, but I'm using them in the next top. Although, I checked wall space and I have no room, so I won't be in a hurry to make the next one.

OH my, you don't have wall space? Well, I'd be glad to let you use some of mine. I have plenty to share
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Cute idea!!! I haven't made the second one yet... I think this one will go to sis... if she has wall space. :wink: The more I look at it--the more I like it. :-D

No way is another stitch going in there--well, only to hold on the binding. hee hee

Gilla 05-11-2010 04:02 PM

Many times I look at something and decide to fix it. Well, when I get done I messed it up and should have left it alone.

It is nice the way it is.

judygym 05-11-2010 06:06 PM

I vote to leave it. It really is gorgeous and doesn't need any more quilting. It could definitely be overdone.

penski 05-11-2010 09:30 PM

my vote is to leave it the way it is, love the colors you chose !!!may i ask the pattern name of it ?

barnbum 05-12-2010 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by penski
my vote is to leave it the way it is, love the colors you chose !!!may i ask the pattern name of it ?

It's a Kaleidescope pattern--I cut the pieces using a kalido-ruler--or something like that--I'd have to read it to get it right. I designed the color arrangement myself. The pattern is supposed to have alternating lights/darks to give more circle effects, but I wanted to try something different. If you search for "Kayak" you'll see a quilt I made varying the colors the way it's supposed to be done... this was a different idea.

Quilt4u 05-12-2010 01:46 AM

Leave it. I love it this way. Beautiful.

978gray 05-12-2010 03:48 AM

I like it just as is. It feels like it moving. Love the effect.