Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilts with doilies (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilts-doilies-t291478.html)

Gailww 09-30-2017 12:31 AM

Most Beautiful and just a wonderful way to use doilies.

Ada Shiela 09-30-2017 02:21 AM

Huntannette! your work with doilies is exquisite and they are heirloom pieces which should be treasured, as I'm sure your quilts will be. Nice to be able to work and share with Mum. Have you ever tried crocheting them? I have some gorgeous old patterns?

quilterpurpledog 09-30-2017 10:05 AM

I think your work is absolutely wonderful. I love to see the artistic crafts of previous generations preserved in this way. All of your quilts are beautiful. You have done a masterful job of taking the doilies and linens and showcasing them. I have lots of this sort of thing that my mother made. I hardly ever saw her without a crochet hook! I have a pineapple bedspread she made that I would like to turn into a quilt. I have a few ideas floating around my head and your quilts have certainly given my a nudge. Thanks for sharing your quilts.

huntannette 09-30-2017 10:51 AM

Yard sales, antique stores, second hand stores, other people, Value Village, thrift stores.....sometimes your lucky and get a bunch other times you get one or two...you can get them from 50 cents to 20 dollars...believe me I`ve done it all...lol I`ve been collecting for a few yrs.

Originally Posted by JuanitaBean (Post 7916678)
They are All Gorgeous GREAT WORK. I wish I could find some colored Hankies. Where is the best place to fine them?

mcdaniel023 09-30-2017 03:38 PM

I love, love, love all of your quilts. They are absolutely beautiful!

gramadona 09-30-2017 07:54 PM

Your quilts are fabulous! Wonderful!

nwm50 10-07-2017 08:42 AM

Oh my gosh!! Such beautiful quilts using doilies! I do have quite a bit on hand saving as remberance so now I can use them ! Soon as I get back to normal (had a stroke this week) I may be able to get back to sewing! How about when they're washed? Will doilies tend to wither up? Oh and my moms table runner with embroidery on it is just perfect to use! Thanks for showing us your beautiful tops!

Jan in VA 10-07-2017 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by huntannette (Post 7915785)
I`d consider it as long as there is no hurry.

No hurry at all....years if necessary, LOL! I myself will likely never get to them, it seems a shame to waste them.
I am currently stuck in Savannah with my new grandbaby and will likely not be home permanently until into the new year. I will try to remember to contact you then for an address to send a bunch of them to you to see what works, and/or send photos. I don't have the best camera so will have to work that out. I'm thinking something that I can hang on the wall in my bedroom, no larger than, say, 60 x 60 or 50 x 70 to hang long edge horizontal.

I'm thrilled you may be interested. :)

Jan in VA

Rmsmkca 10-07-2017 11:30 AM

they're beautiful.. !!!

ube quilting 10-07-2017 12:42 PM

These are all very special and a wonderful way of preserving the vintage pieces.
peace