Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilts from the Newport, Or show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilts-newport-show-t58167.html)

justwannaquilt 08-06-2010 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by kristen0112

Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
These quilts are beautiful. Thank you for posting such great pictures.

Do you or anyone else know the name of the pattern for the quilt in the background of picture EIGHT? It looks almost like an orange peel quilt kinda with curvy squares. I LOVE that pattern!

YES YES YES!!!! that is the one in the background of picture 8! Thank you SOOOO much. Now I just gotta find the name of the pattern!

Thanks again for all the beautiful pictures.

kristen0112 08-06-2010 07:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
WOW!! Beautiful quilts!!! Thanks for sharing.
I have to say my favorite was that Storm at Sea you guild is going to raffle off!!! The sails in the ship are perfect!!!

The Ship is the portion that was silk screened. I asked about it from one of the guild members who was close by. When I was looking at it close up I thought maybe it was painted it didn't look like a printed panel. Apparently there is an artist who painted that picture and he gave permission to the guild to get it silk screened. The quilt will go to the show in Texas and next year be the quilt they raffle off. I plan on saving money to buy LOTS of tickets for it :-)

kristen0112 08-06-2010 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by kristen0112

These quilts are beautiful. Thank you for posting such great pictures.

Do you or anyone else know the name of the pattern for the quilt in the background of picture EIGHT? It looks almost like an orange peel quilt kinda with curvy squares. I LOVE that pattern!

YES YES YES!!!! that is the one in the background of picture 8! Thank you SOOOO much. Now I just gotta find the name of the pattern!
It's pretty I am not sure. I think maybe its an OLD pattern not used much any more? I will post it separately to see if anyone knows there are some smart quilters out on the board :-)
Thanks again for all the beautiful pictures.

Theresa 08-06-2010 08:33 PM

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your pics. Love the Newport area. They obviously have some talented quilters.

sylvia77 08-06-2010 08:40 PM

That pattern looks like it might be a winding ways variation.

colleen53 08-06-2010 09:15 PM

thank you for posting these.. beautiful work

quiltlady 08-06-2010 09:26 PM

wonderful quilts - thanks for sharing.

leiladylei54 08-06-2010 09:33 PM

Such beautiful quilts....wish I were there to see those lovely works of art. Love Oregon, visit often and one of these days will hopefully be there when there's a quilting show.

quiltsRfun 08-06-2010 09:52 PM

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like a fantastic show. Does it happen every year? We visit family in the Newport area often and I'd love to catch the next one.

kristen0112 08-06-2010 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like a fantastic show. Does it happen every year? We visit family in the Newport area often and I'd love to catch the next one.

Yes, the first weekend in August. This year its the 6-7th next year Aug 5-6, 2011.