Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilts from the Newport, Or show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilts-newport-show-t58167.html)

quiltsRfun 08-06-2010 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by kristen0112

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
Thanks for sharing the pictures. Looks like a fantastic show. Does it happen every year? We visit family in the Newport area often and I'd love to catch the next one.

Yes, the first weekend in August. This year its the 6-7th next year Aug 5-6, 2011.

Thanks. I'll mark my calendar.

miss_ticky2 08-06-2010 10:03 PM

Wow..what beautiful quilts. I particularly love the cream/beige one with the beads and pearls on it. Thanks for sharing :)

scoobertina 08-06-2010 10:13 PM

OMG... the storm at sea is my favorite pattern and I LOOOOOOVE that ship in the middle... ohhhh tell me where to purchase tickets.. maybe I just need to make one.. sigh.. beautiful quilts..

sorry, I was in the Navy for 24 years.. so that hits home.. I miss my Navy life..

nmthelen52 08-07-2010 03:59 AM

Thank you for the pictures. I love to view other quilters quilts. You can just feel the passion and pride they want to share!

kristen0112 08-07-2010 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by scoobertina
OMG... the storm at sea is my favorite pattern and I LOOOOOOVE that ship in the middle... ohhhh tell me where to purchase tickets.. maybe I just need to make one.. sigh.. beautiful quilts..

sorry, I was in the Navy for 24 years.. so that hits home.. I miss my Navy life..

LOL. I grew up on going on my grandparents boat (36' grand banks) and cruising around in the San Juan island every summer. I love the way the boat hits the wake while underway, I love the way it sways at night when your anchored, I love the smell of the salt in the air...someday I hope to retire and sail away on a boat - of course it will be a little tough to quilt out at sea LOL. For now I a have a speed boat on a lake to satisfy me.

I know it's gorgeous. The Oregon Coast Quilt Guild will be raffling it off next year during their show Aug 5-6, 2011. Tickets probably aren't on sale yet, but you could probably google them and contact them...
The pattern might be a little hard to copy, one of the guild members told me it cost them over a $150 to create the ship's silk screen, and they had to get permission from the artist first...

mawmawbeve_60 08-07-2010 04:32 AM

Beautiful quilts..

pchp 08-07-2010 08:52 AM

Thank you so much for posting these!

ejpkam 08-07-2010 08:56 AM

thanks so much for sharing what an inspiration!

Friendly Quilter 08-07-2010 08:57 AM

They are all beautiful quilts. Thank you for taking the time to share with us.

soccertxi 08-07-2010 09:43 AM

Thanks for sharing all the great pictures! The hand print ones are from a book. e-mail me or post here if you would like the title. LOTS of great handprinting ideas...