Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   For rfbrazell and others who wanted to see the blocks (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/rfbrazell-others-who-wanted-see-blocks-t114595.html)

mountainmammo 04-09-2011 10:27 AM

WOW! I've got to find that fabric! Post a pic when it's done, please.

mountainmammo

nabobw 04-09-2011 10:58 AM

very pretty blocks

abdconsultant 04-09-2011 11:00 AM

wow! is right, stunning.

ScubaK 04-09-2011 11:01 AM

Beautiful blocks.
K

quilter girl 04-09-2011 11:14 AM

Can you explain exactly what is a repeat? The same spot on the fabric? then 12" between the same spot? Thanks for your input - I think they look so neat - and yours is going to look so great!quote=QuiltE]

Originally Posted by lildeb
That is so pretty I will have to try that.How many yards should you buy?

It's not a specific yardage you need.
What you need is at least six repeats, with a repeat of at least 12".
The large the quilt the more fabric ... but always a multiple of six repeats.

And extra if you are going to want to do the back of the quilt or borders in the same fabric.[/quote]

Ms Kay 04-09-2011 11:41 AM

what does OBW stand for?

QuiltE 04-09-2011 12:14 PM

[quote=quilter girl]Can you explain exactly what is a repeat? The same spot on the fabric? then 12" between the same spot? Thanks for your input - I think they look so neat - and yours is going to look so great!quote=QuiltE]

Repeat means, where the pattern design repeats itself.

Look along the selvedge, and see where the exact same leaf on the flower is repeated and measure between. It may be a very short repeat, just a few inches and upwards from there. for OBW, you want atleast 12" between.

Just need to be cautious that it is indeed the exact same one.

You need atleast six repeats, as you're going to cut them apart and stack them perfectly on top of each other before cutting.

QuiltE 04-09-2011 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ms Kay
what does OBW stand for?

OBW = One Block Wonder
SAW = Stack and Whack!

quilter girl 04-09-2011 03:08 PM

Thank you - you have explained it very clearly [quote=QuiltE]

Originally Posted by quilter girl
Can you explain exactly what is a repeat? The same spot on the fabric? then 12" between the same spot? Thanks for your input - I think they look so neat - and yours is going to look so great!quote=QuiltE]

Repeat means, where the pattern design repeats itself.

Look along the selvedge, and see where the exact same leaf on the flower is repeated and measure between. It may be a very short repeat, just a few inches and upwards from there. for OBW, you want atleast 12" between.

Just need to be cautious that it is indeed the exact same one.

You need atleast six repeats, as you're going to cut them apart and stack them perfectly on top of each other before cutting.

:lol:

debcavan 04-09-2011 03:09 PM

Oh they are beautiful. Isn't it fun, you don't know what you will have until you are finished.