Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Ricky Timms Convergance and what I did with it (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/ricky-timms-convergance-what-i-did-t11112.html)

Butterflyspain 09-11-2008 03:59 AM

Originally Posted by Izy
Elle - You done good gal, I love the mermaid, she looks so sweet, you have got the perspective off to a 't' - LOVE it!!

You must be over the moon, or should that be 'deep in the ocean' with it :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Izy, think I will be in deep doo doo when it somes to sewing all those little itzy bitzy fish. LOL

Glad you like it though. I liked the tecnique but you really have to have someone show you how to do it.

Elle

Butterflyspain 09-11-2008 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by collettakay
Beautiful quilt!

What is convergance?

Colletta, its a type of work that Ricky Timms (Country & Western singer) has developed, he calls its Convergance. He also does one called Raphsody.

Glad you liked it.

Elle

Janeen 09-11-2008 04:05 AM

wow!

Bevanger 09-11-2008 04:39 AM

It's beautiful. She'll definitly love it

bearpaw 09-11-2008 04:50 AM

It's gorgeous!! The colors really look like your "under the sea". Great job!!!

mgshaw 09-11-2008 06:04 AM

Elle its GORGEOUS!!!! I love all your itzy bitzy fishies!!! Cant wait to see it when you get it done!!!! The colors are beautiful!!!
I think Izy mentioned an exhibition coming up, I think you should put it in there!!!

Marcia 09-11-2008 06:04 AM

Wow!!! Elle, I have never heard of RT's convergence until now, but I am definitely impressed!! Your quilt is fabulous!! The dimension is awesome. That is going to be a great quilt. My 5 year old granddaughter LOVES mermaids too-I cannot wait to show her this.

Butterflyspain 09-11-2008 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
Elle its GORGEOUS!!!! I love all your itzy bitzy fishies!!! Cant wait to see it when you get it done!!!! The colors are beautiful!!!
I think Izy mentioned an exhibition coming up, I think you should put it in there!!!

Yes we have one coming up on the 26/27th October, but her birthday is the 19th Oct so will just have to show them a picture of it.

Thanks for you lovely comments.

Elle

thimblebug6000 09-11-2008 06:14 AM

It is absolutely gorgeous!

Would it be possible for someone to do a tutorial on this technique here?

Butterflyspain 09-11-2008 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Wow!!! Elle, I have never heard of RT's convergence until now, but I am definitely impressed!! Your quilt is fabulous!! The dimension is awesome. That is going to be a great quilt. My 5 year old granddaughter LOVES mermaids too-I cannot wait to show her this.

Hi Marcia, well I hadnīt till recently, its a nice tecnique and it grows very fast. Made the middle from around 10am till 3am, came home and started putting on the fishes and mermaid.

Definatley going to buy one of the books now I have been shown the basics.

By the way for those who want a mermain quilt there are several on the web in Stained Glass Windows- Just google it and you will get lot of different ones. If anyone is interested in the one I did I will look it up as Izy gave me a picture and I kinda drew a tail on it and faffed around.

Elle