Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/road-runners-round-robin-2013-2014-a-t227970.html)

tlambing 02-02-2014 07:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gonna try this from my ipad. Here's a close up pic if it works.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]460294[/ATTACH]

tlambing 02-02-2014 07:49 PM

It's on its way to you tomorrow Jan. I think it looks like a romantic Valentine.

jaba 02-02-2014 08:26 PM

Love the close up! Hope the USPS is very fast, want it home now! Thank you all so much for working on this quilt for me. I will probably add 1 or 2 more rounds but will decide when it actually gets here. Have all queens and kings in this house and really want it for summer on our king size bed or maybe ??? Our bedroom is purple - lavenders and chocolate brown, have a off white cream comforter and bed sham so this should blend really well and bring in the light colors.

SandyinZ4 02-02-2014 09:11 PM

Wow! It is even better looking close up. What a gorgeous quilt. Jan, you will have a gorgeous bedroom for the coming summer with this addition. Thanks Teresa for the closeup pic.

TwinRiverFarm 02-03-2014 03:16 AM

Amazing! It reminds me of one of those pretty lacy hankerchiefs with the tatted edging, very feminine and dainty. Great job. So where is a picture of Tlambings to finish the gallery? Can they be posted in the picture section of the forum for all the QB members to admire?? Can't wait for the mailman now!

Emma S 02-03-2014 05:41 AM

All the borders are lovely but I want to try that last one as the outer border. Very , very effective! Beautiful quilt, Twin Rivers, know what you mean about the hankies of a by gone era. I swear my grandmother use to carry one that had those same colors in a floral.

Elisabrat 02-03-2014 06:42 AM

Emma I think I would like to post that one as the last one our Medallion quilt along. It is such a lovely ending I think. Now to wrangle that pattern from Teresa. I will ask everyone to square their quilts up so it makes it easy to put that round on (can be done at the end with a simple strip ).. this would be a cool way to finish up. So shhhhh don't tell the group!! surprises everyone likes surprise.

Emma S 02-03-2014 06:54 AM

Brat: Your secret is safe with me.

tlambing 02-03-2014 07:57 AM

Jan's border idea came from 60 Pieced Quilt Borders-Mix and Match-Judy Laquidara
I got this book not long ago on Amazon and LOVE it. Great ideas to use or modify. Good pictures and adequate instructions. (not a beginner book a little confusing and not definite step by step)

Elisabrat 02-03-2014 03:30 PM

I just got that book from themamahauser. I think its not written easy to use at all, bonus is all the quilt patterns in the front I guess. jan has one I love much more.. its older, black and white instructions instead of measurements it gives a grid one box equals one inch.. if you can figure that out then you can do all the rounds in there. It wins as best book ever for borders. Now to borrow it from her.. sneaking over to check out her book stash. She has like FIVE border books.. its a virtual candy store Jans books .. and fabrics.. I want this and that and heck with a diet I want them ALL!!! grin.. cant help it it happens every time I wander down into her sewing room.. idea central :)