Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/road-runners-round-robin-2013-2014-a-t227970.html)

tlambing 08-30-2013 04:55 PM

I have a question...How do we feel about non symmetrical borders? By this I mean a border that is not the mirror image of itself all the way around. I have a thought on a very pretty border I have seen on a few asian quilts, but have not seen anyone do this in the RR's here. Thoughts please? I'll try and find a photo of what I'm talking about.

(the center will still be centered and have the same size border all around)

Hope you understand this...I think I've confused myself!

jaba 08-30-2013 06:56 PM

I'd love to see a photo so I can picture it. If you think it will fit on mine and an idea just pops right in your head, go for it...I'm game. Would love to see something different.

SandyinZ4 08-30-2013 07:39 PM

I think an non-symetrical border would be great...at least on mine so if you want to do one like that, I say go for it. I can picture it in my mind, mainly because I have seen the outer borders on some quilts done that way with an applique flower on opposite corners of the border. I think it would be cool and perhaps the next person could do the same except on opposite corners. Just a thought but I like the idea.

jaba 08-31-2013 03:48 AM

Anyone starting on borders yet? Would love to see some pictures....

jaba 08-31-2013 08:55 AM

tlambing got your center today, now to decide on a border!!

Elisabrat 09-01-2013 04:10 AM

I am just sitting with itchy fingers to start on a new one! I have one from another swap to do but have to pick up some red fabric for that one other than that.. itchy itchy fingers ladies :)

tlambing 09-01-2013 08:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
For some reason couldn't get a fantastic pic with my phone today, but here it is. da da ta da! Brats center with my rendition of a 4 inch border :) It looks fantastic in person.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]433499[/ATTACH]

It will ship out to Jaba on Tuesday.
We are on our way!!!!

jaba 09-01-2013 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
tlambing I will be shipping yours on its way Tuesday also. Did my round today. Since you said you liked brown, thought every quilt needs a little chocolate and then matched the blue in your center. Hope you like it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]433533[/ATTACH]Need to iron it a little better but wanted to show you. Don't be shy, if you don't like it let me know, I can take it off real easy and start anew.

tlambing 09-01-2013 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 6268110)
tlambing I will be shipping yours on its way Tuesday also. Did my round today. Since you said you liked brown, thought every quilt needs a little chocolate and then matched the blue in your center. Hope you like it.[ATTACH=CONFIG]433533[/ATTACH]Need to iron it a little better but wanted to show you. Don't be shy, if you don't like it let me know, I can take it off real easy and start anew.

Oooo purty! I like it Jaba:) mmmmmmm chocolate! Can't wait to see how this all comes into place. What a great start!

Annz 09-01-2013 02:51 PM

ok thanks for the update