Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   SCARECROW AND Chicks???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scarecrow-chicks-t19103.html)

Debbie1 04-17-2009 05:59 AM

Great Scarecrow! I'd go with something at his feet, chicks, corn or leaves.

Sharon M 04-17-2009 06:34 AM

Love the scarecrow, he's a cutie! Great job :thumbup:
I can remember seeing at some time in JoAnn Fabric some material with Indian corn on it or google corn fabric am sure there is some on ebay. Fuse that around his feet and some fall leaves too a couple of little chicks....and as someone else suggested patched knees...all self respecting scarecrows wear patches :wink: Also if it is going to be used as a wall hanging you could attach some raffia to the corn for the husk part. Can't wait so see how you finsih him up. :D

RedGarnet222 04-17-2009 09:15 AM

I think that he would look good with some straw coming out of his sleaves and a hole in his jeans (applique maybe?) And he needs a pumpkin or something in his field to guard.

He is really adorable and I know you are going to have fun embellishing it up for fall.

amma 04-17-2009 10:32 AM

Love your Scarecrow!!!!! So many good suggestions, I can't wait to see what you decide to do!!!! :D :D :D

Ninnie 04-17-2009 10:49 AM

I can't wait to see what I decide to do either! :lol: :lol: So many great ideas, I should have thought of at least one of them. Working on quilting a lap quilt but may have to work on scarecrow tomorrow! thanks so much for all the great ideas!

Ninnie in NC

Mousie 04-17-2009 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Thanks for all the great ideas!! I never thought of corn, QC , You are right he was lonely! Maybe a girl scarecrow? 2 years is a long time to do without. I guess I need to check in and see what time it is! :lol: :lol:

lol, ninnie, thinking he, KNEW what time it is...time to get him a blow up, scarecrow lady!!!! and something for the stiffness in his joints from being pinned to wall so long, lol!! yeah, what man, wouldn't want a few chicks around his feet...and if they had some corn to nibble on, maybe they wouldn't peck the stuffin outa him! :lol:

oh I wouldn't be a nuthin
My head all full of stuffin,...

Ninnie 04-17-2009 11:03 AM

You are absolutely right! So tell me QC, just how much do you like The Wizard of Oz? :lol: ok, now I have put lap quilt on hold and will get scarecrow some chicks!

signitwright 04-17-2009 05:49 PM

Maybe a chicken pecking on an ear of corn at his feet. That quilt is a real cutie :!: :!:

littlehud 04-17-2009 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
hey, Ninnie, ya been keeping a man on the wall for two years and finally gonna throw him a few chicks?...what to do?...I'd move outa his way, lol!!! :lol: (and make him put that pitchfork down! :wink:)

Tee Hee, so funny

Mousie 04-17-2009 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
You are absolutely right! So tell me QC, just how much do you like The Wizard of Oz? :lol: ok, now I have put lap quilt on hold and will get scarecrow some chicks!

NOW, I love the wizard of Oz..but there was a time, that witch really scared me. You'd think I wouldn't have watched it, but every year, right as rain, I did. I liked all the characters, but thought as a child, I was like the cowardly lion, now, more like the tin man, lol!
So glad you posted him, and he's going to get some much needed attention. Grandma always said, "two heads are better than one." and in this case, many :wink: