Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

mcdaniel023 02-27-2012 02:20 PM

Geez....I love this thread. I love the scrappy horses, the flying geese and Krystyna that quilt is awesome. Oh yeah, Izy your tops are beautiful.

Izy 02-27-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023 (Post 5013849)
Geez....I love this thread. I love the scrappy horses, the flying geese and Krystyna that quilt is awesome. Oh yeah, Izy your tops are beautiful.

Why thank you McD :D

Krystyna, I think your scrappies are fantastic too! Scrappies know no bounds! Designs are endless! :D

burchquilts 02-27-2012 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Scrap Happy (Post 3865754)
This isn't the prettiest scrappy. I made it about 10 or 12 years ago. I used to cover one of our dogs with it when she slept and it has been washed many, many times.

(#1) It IS pretty! I love it! (#2) The best ones are the ones that are loved by our families... especially the extra furry members... LOL! :p

burchquilts 02-27-2012 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by CindyBee (Post 3929437)
Wow! What a show! I loved all of your scrappies. Here is my scrappy Jacob's Ladder.

Scrappy Jacob's Ladder
[ATTACH=CONFIG]240422[/ATTACH]

Wow! What a beauty! I just love this one!!!

burchquilts 02-27-2012 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Izy (Post 4130612)
Update on my scrappy! All layered up and ready to quilt!

Scrappy backing, with Jacobs ladder centre
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251770[/ATTACH]

Only just enough room on the floor to fit it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251771[/ATTACH]

Border detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]251772[/ATTACH]

That quilt is absolutely spectacular! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!!!

burchquilts 02-27-2012 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieF (Post 4132367)
I wanted to thank you for thisnthread. It made me stop and think...what are my favorite scrappy patterns. When I could not come up with a lot I decided I needed a bucket list. I've started to pull off pictures of scrappy quilts when I see them. They go into an album so I can page through when I need inspiration.

What a great idea! I see neat scrap quilts & think "I should make that" & then the idea goes right out the other ear... LOL! We should start a thread about everybody's favorite scrap patterns.

pgmb 02-27-2012 06:52 PM

love them all .......pgmb :thumbup:

pgmb 02-27-2012 06:56 PM

beatifull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

burchquilts 02-27-2012 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by CoolJulUtah (Post 4275044)
This is the best quilt show I've ever "attended"!!! I can't believe you all have enough fabric that you call "scraps" to make so many quilts out of! Where do I find these patterns??? And dryer sheets??? Don't get that one! Since I'm just starting out I guess I'll have to go shopping for "scraps" instead of buying specific fabric for a pattern! Maybe just get fabric that's in the clearance section - a lot of these quilts you'd never know the fabric wasn't meant to go together! Thank you so much for sharing and getting me excited to go "scrappy"!!! :o)

A really great place for all things scrappies is Quiltville. Her quilts are fabulous & there's just alot of scrap-related tips & articles there.

cheri stonespinner 02-27-2012 07:07 PM

I am speachless at the beauty and creativity of you fabric artists! Thank you all for the sweet scrappy show.