Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

Jingle 07-08-2011 06:38 AM

Here are some of mine. Never mind, pictures aren't loaded on this computer. I will have to wait until I get home tonight.

Claddaughquilting 07-08-2011 06:40 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Scrappy is my favorite! Thanks for starting this thread, and the quilts shown are wonderful. Here's a few of mine....

Wedding gift
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222867[/ATTACH]

Donated to a dog rescue organization for a fundraiser
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222868[/ATTACH]

Emma S 07-08-2011 06:42 AM

They just sparkle! I bookmarked this one too, what an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

pbreon 07-08-2011 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Claddaughquilting
Scrappy is my favorite! Thanks for starting this thread, and the quilts shown are wonderful. Here's a few of mine....

I love the first of yours!! Is this a pattern or your own creation!??? :thumbup:

Claddaughquilting 07-08-2011 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by pbreon

Originally Posted by Claddaughquilting

I love the first of yours!! Is this a pattern or your own creation!??? :thumbup:

Thank you! It is my own creation, but very easy though...4.5 inch 4 patch. I am already working on the next one!

sunflower126 07-08-2011 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by dphelps
Thanks for the great show of scrappies but I am not sure, it seems that a few shown might not be considered scrappies because there is a set number of different fabrics. That may be hard to understand and maybe I am mistaken by the term "scrappie". I thought it to be lots of different color scraps from other projects, as descibed in the reach in the bag method.At any rate, all the quilts shown were very nice. I love color.

I was thinking the same thing about a couple of them but they are all wonderful. I love seeing what everyone has made. I love scrappies myself. Can't wait to make a string one.

jillaine 07-08-2011 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Such a fascinating collection-- and VERY interesting to see what each of us feels is "scrappy" -- there are some (many!) here that look VERY intentional and planned (ie., you purchased the fabric just for this quilt). And then at the other end of the spectrum: strippy quilts made from whatever was on hand. And of course everything in between.

Here's one of mine that I made from scraps/leftovers.

I don't have a close-up, but those are cats in the center of the squares. This was sold at an auction to raise scholarship funds for kids in the middle east.

kathyd 07-08-2011 06:58 AM

What a great quilt show. Loved all of them.
Kathyd

Stitchit123 07-08-2011 07:02 AM

Every ones Scrappys are so pretty..Through the years I have made several what you all call Scrappy Quilts. Mine became known as the Free One's They are made from the left overs from 3 queen size quilts And every one in the family wants one. I love the scrappy quilts most -they seem to be brighter and they give me more of a challenge figuring out what they will become -vs-a set pattern with yardage already figured out for me.And there are no 2 alike each one is an original work of art :-)

sarahrachel 07-08-2011 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by dphelps
Thanks for the great show of scrappies but I am not sure, it seems that a few shown might not be considered scrappies because there is a set number of different fabrics. That may be hard to understand and maybe I am mistaken by the term "scrappie". I thought it to be lots of different color scraps from other projects, as descibed in the reach in the bag method.At any rate, all the quilts shown were very nice. I love color.

that's what I thought which is why I haven't made one myself yet. I've been saving every piece worth saving in a drawer. It's about half full so I'm not going to start it yet. And I'm still trying to decide what I'm going to make. I'm leaning toward a Scrappie Jacob's ladder with light pieces in one bag and dark pieces in another. Now to get back to sewing so I can get more scraps!