Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

grammy Dwynn 07-07-2011 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
I love scrappy quilts but have a problem with letting go and just put it together. I have to keep control.

Jeri ~Believe it or not, I like control too! But some one taught me the sack method. Put your scraps in the sack and pull out as you go. The trick is you can ONLY trade it back once. So if the purple looks terrible next to the forest green you can put it back and pick another, but you have to live with the next one you pick. That helped me to 'believe' that in the end it will work. With the Strip Twist, I had two sacks - dark and light.

Scrap quilts can be fun!

dyer804 07-07-2011 03:38 PM

I really like your scrappy quilts! Thanks for sharing.

cctx. 07-07-2011 03:41 PM

Awesome photos Members!

Great job, loved the show!

erstan947 07-07-2011 03:46 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few...some pics are not really clear.

Block of the month scrappy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222560[/ATTACH]

Christmas crazy quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222565[/ATTACH]

Braids and bars
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222566[/ATTACH]

GingerK 07-07-2011 03:46 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This was actually the first quilt I ever made. For months, I bought quarter yards of small print fabrics, any time I was near a fabric shop. (I honestly did not have a stash at the time!!). The top sat for 6 years, unquilted because I discovered a glaring flaw almost in the middle and did not know what to do to fix it. Finally, I openned some seams, moved a few things around and now, am very happy with My First Quilt!

The second one started as a few blocks because I wanted to try a Log Cabin (plus I needed something to do with the 'stash' I had acquired to make my FIRST quilt!!). I decided to make a lap quilt...which quickly changed into a twin bed quilt...which grew to fit a queen. And when it got to that point, I decided that I liked it so much that I would love to make it a king size to fit our bed, but could not find any more of the two fabrics that outline each block. (Sigh). And so it remains--Just a Queen!

My First Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222558[/ATTACH]

The Log Cabin that just 'growed and growed'!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]222559[/ATTACH]

jeaninmaine 07-07-2011 03:46 PM

What alovely bunch of scrap quilts, you're giving me so many ideas.

Grammy Dwynn, thanks a lot for the tip on using the sack method.

Fabaddict 07-07-2011 03:46 PM

I have done hundreds of scrappy quilts - mostly for Linus. They are my very favorites to make - extremly colorful.

emerald46 07-07-2011 03:48 PM

Love them all! Thanks for sharing.

PegD 07-07-2011 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the one that got me started quilting. I also love scrappies. I made this for myself.

PegD 07-07-2011 03:57 PM

Sorry it posted twice. This is the one that got me started quilting. I also love scrappies. I made this for myself.