Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

wildyard 07-30-2012 04:30 PM

love the 9Pmashup, 9P are one of my favorite kinds of patterns.

sammygirlqt 07-30-2012 08:15 PM

Wow, the creative scrappy quilts never end. I love each one posted. This is the best post possible.

VickiM 07-31-2012 05:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So many wonderful scrappies...here's one my 15 year old granddaughter made today. We grabbed some girly scrap 2 1/2" strips & put together the 1600" jelly roll quilt (though it wasn't anywhere close to 1600"). She isn't here long enough to get it quilted for the guild meeting in 2 weeks, so I will quilt it for her. I worked on a boy one, but didn't get it quite finished...will post a pic later once both are quilted. They will both be donation quilts for the pregnancy center. She couldn't believe she could finish the whole top in about 6 hours...doesn't she look happy?

Sew and Sew 07-31-2012 06:19 PM

Found this thread tonight and cannot stop looking at the fantastic scrappy quilts.......I am a scrappy lover at heart and to have them all in one post is amazing. I am retiring the first of September and cannot wait till fall and winter to start piecing and quilting.....so many ideas here. That will motivate me to clean and organize my sewing room. I have started organizing. Had carpal tunnel surgery and I have 4 more wks or recovery...then go back to work ( I am a part time nurse working two days a week.......so after sick leave.....a total of 6 days left to work...........hope to be organized by retirement time...........so exciting.......I cannot stop looking at these...

Lori S 07-31-2012 06:40 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This is one I did a few months ago and was quilted by Charisma. I saved bits of fabric some as small as 1 inch by 2 inches . It s all scraps .. I thought I should post it here.

Fraew 07-31-2012 06:48 PM

Well yes Lori S you should post it here! It is a beauty. :thumbup:

Ps 150 07-31-2012 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is my Scrappy Sampler. I wanted to make this my "Quilt of Firsts". This was my first time quilting feathers, making a sampler, making a scrap quilt, making scalloped borders and my first time making a hand pieced block (the Drunkard's Path).

ruthie 07-31-2012 07:11 PM

Love them all. I'm not a scrappy person but I'm thinking by the size of my growing stash that I'm going to have to break down and do a few scrappy quilts. They are beautiful quilts.

ladynredd 08-01-2012 02:48 AM

Ps 150, your Scrappy Sampler is very nice indeed, and that scalloped border is really the finishing touch. I've never done one but it just joined my list of Things to Do.

thomp116 08-01-2012 03:21 AM

Lori S, Ps 150, and VickiM: All so very different, all so pretty, and all SCRAPS! And VickiM, beautiful granddaughter.