Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

lpsewing 09-21-2011 11:15 PM

Wow,you sure are busy person.
Terrfic quilts !!

Havplenty 09-22-2011 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
You want me to do a tute on how to make a 4 patch or HST?? Oh come on you ALL know how to do that by now don't you?? LOL

It really is just the way you lay them out in the individual blocks, have a close look at these pictures and hopefully you can work it out!

;-)

it's amazing that using a pretty simple block can create such amazing quilts just by the layout. i think i got it (the layout, block creation) so i'm gonna try making one block & see how it goes. thanks again izy.

oh are your block sizes 12.5 unfinished?

Izy 09-22-2011 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Havplenty

Originally Posted by Izy
You want me to do a tute on how to make a 4 patch or HST?? Oh come on you ALL know how to do that by now don't you?? LOL

It really is just the way you lay them out in the individual blocks, have a close look at these pictures and hopefully you can work it out!

;-)

it's amazing that using a pretty simple block can create such amazing quilts just by the layout. i think i got it (the layout, block creation) so i'm gonna try making one block & see how it goes. thanks again izy.

oh are your block sizes 12.5 unfinished?

How lovely that you are inspired to try this out! No my blocks finished at 9", each 4 patch and HST were 3.5" unfinished using 2" squares for the 4 patch and 4" squares for the HST, can't wait to see what you make!:-D :-D :-D

Sandynorm 09-22-2011 06:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
what a great idea, here are a couple of my scrappy quilts...

AnnR 09-22-2011 07:04 PM

Sandynorm, all 3 of your quilts are beautiful! I especially like #3. AnnR

craftybear 09-22-2011 07:06 PM

Wow, love all of the scrappy quilts photos, great job quilters

CoolJulUtah 09-22-2011 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by ctmhjenn
Here are a couple of scrappys I made, first one was also a Mystery Quilt...a lot of half square triangles

Is there a pattern for the top quilt with lots of triangles? Or a name I could look up? I love it!!!

sawsan 09-22-2011 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by CoolJulUtah

Originally Posted by ctmhjenn
Here are a couple of scrappys I made, first one was also a Mystery Quilt...a lot of half square triangles

Is there a pattern for the top quilt with lots of triangles? Or a name I could look up? I love it!!!

string or striped quilt made of stripes over a fabric or paper foundation triangle or (squares cutting into trys later)

CoolJulUtah 09-22-2011 10:22 PM

This is the best quilt show I've ever "attended"!!! I can't believe you all have enough fabric that you call "scraps" to make so many quilts out of! Where do I find these patterns??? And dryer sheets??? Don't get that one! Since I'm just starting out I guess I'll have to go shopping for "scraps" instead of buying specific fabric for a pattern! Maybe just get fabric that's in the clearance section - a lot of these quilts you'd never know the fabric wasn't meant to go together! Thank you so much for sharing and getting me excited to go "scrappy"!!! :o)

ctmhjenn 09-22-2011 10:25 PM

I love this quilt. I posted one similar but yours is gorgeous!