Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

grammy Dwynn 08-03-2011 06:47 PM

It is sooooooo cool that this "SHOW" has inspired some of you to attack your scrap piles! :D

I am amazed :shock: when I check back to see some more wonderful SCRAP QUILTS! :thumbup:

Izy 08-04-2011 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
It is sooooooo cool that this "SHOW" has inspired some of you to attack your scrap piles! :D

I am amazed :shock: when I check back to see some more wonderful SCRAP QUILTS! :thumbup:

You have inspired so many of us Grammy Dwynn

:thumbup:

It was great timing for me as I had already organised all my scraps over the last few weeks. I separated the strips first, then cut up anything smaller than a fat 8th, into whatever size square was most economical from 6" down to 2" as I can't bear to waste even a tiny scrap! All the odd 'crumbs' were put into another box, as well as any I thought were better for applique, so my scraps were all ready to go when you posted this topic! Most of all, by seeing all the wonderful 'true' scrappy quilts, I was able to take the plunge and 'go for it' as I was having the hardest time taking the plunge to work with colour value rather than colour coordinating!

I am having the best time making this scrappy quilt which DH has already claimed for his own! He even chose the final block design and layout!!

So thank you Grammy Dwynn and all my quilting buddies here who have posted all the wonderful quilts

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol:

Janice Thompson 08-04-2011 05:49 AM

THANK YOU MAGGIEMAY FOR POSTING THE CHRISTMAS SCRAPPY. i HAVE A LOT OF CHRISTMAS FABRIC TO USE UP.
THANK YOU GRAMMY FOR STARTING THIS SCRAPPY QUILT SHOW

moosegirl 08-04-2011 07:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Some more scrappy quilts. Moosegirl

scrappy houses
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236215[/ATTACH]

bricks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]236217[/ATTACH]

oksewglad 08-04-2011 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Janice Thompson
THANK YOU MAGGIEMAY FOR POSTING THE CHRISTMAS SCRAPPY. i HAVE A LOT OF CHRISTMAS FABRIC TO USE UP.
THANK YOU GRAMMY FOR STARTING THIS SCRAPPY QUILT SHOW

Same here :thumbup:

luvspaper 08-04-2011 08:24 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few of mine....I have completed the first, but don't have a pic on this computer of it, I guess.

luvspaper 08-04-2011 08:31 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I lied...here is one of the quilt finished with Dad.... and a few others. I got lucky and at a reunion was able to take a pic with each person and their quilt!

luvspaper 08-04-2011 08:37 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The last two...

Some of these are more color coordinated scrappy.....

I am working on a scrappy GFG, but only about 3/4 of the flowers are done....hopefully I will post a pic soon!

lyndaloo 08-04-2011 09:03 AM

Your quilts are beautiful.

So glad Grammy started this thread. I just keep enjoying tthe Scrappy Quilt Show. Never saw so many pretty quilts!

Scrap Happy 08-04-2011 10:20 AM

This is such a wonderful thread. I'm loving our scrappy quilt show. Please keep them coming. :-D :-D :-D