Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

watson's mom 08-02-2011 06:32 AM

Thank you grammy dwynn for starting this topic. What a great show, just wish I had something scrappy to share also. The quilts on here are stunning.

Maggiemay 08-02-2011 06:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another one of mine- a Christmas scrappy

Iris P. 08-02-2011 06:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are a few more-- :-D

Quilt to be donated to hospital to be given to a child patient.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235297[/ATTACH]

This one is destined to be donated to the hospital and be given to one of the older male patients.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235298[/ATTACH]

This one still needs to be quilted! This one too will eventually find it's way to a child!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]235299[/ATTACH]

tincan 08-02-2011 06:45 AM

Going thru a pile of quilting magazines yesterday I saw a few quilts almost yes almost like our scrappy quilt show but our quilters did it their own way. Interesting how one picture can change. They are all great. Each and every one is great.

C Maureen 08-02-2011 02:23 PM

I just googled Layered Star Quilt and it was there....

Originally Posted by C Maureen
do you receive e-patterns or clotilde emails? .... I saw the quilt on one of them.... I tried to make it up off what I saw.... I think it was called layered stars..... if you are interested, I could give the size of squares and HST that I used...let me know

Originally Posted by Lizzytish

Originally Posted by C Maureen
I really enjoy doing scrappy quilts...they really turn out quite beautiful as a rule

Love the stars. What pattern is this. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Izy 08-02-2011 02:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well I had another play with alternative layouts..this is what we have settled on, it's a variation of Jacob's Ladder :-D

These are finishing at 9" - 8 done ...only 60 odd to go, I won't stitch any together so I can make sure the final layout looks good LOL :roll: :lol:

Jammin' Jane 08-02-2011 03:02 PM

WOW! Great looking scrappies!

postal packin' mama 08-02-2011 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Izy
Well I had another play with alternative layouts..this is what we have settled on, it's a variation of Jacob's Ladder :-D

These are finishing at 9" - 8 done ...only 60 odd to go, I won't stitch any together so I can make sure the final layout looks good LOL :roll: :lol:

Please be sure to post the final design. They're all so nice.

mhollifiel 08-03-2011 02:10 PM

Just finished going through all these fabulous scrappies! All I want to do is 1) bookmark this thread and 2) dig out my scraps and PLAY!
Thank you, Grammy Dwynn. I especially loved the quilts that had animals or kids in the picture. Loads of inspiration. Hugs to all my scrappy sisters and brothers!

Izy 08-03-2011 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by postal packin' mama

Originally Posted by Izy

Please be sure to post the final design. They're all so nice.

Thanks! I have made another 10 blocks this evening, I am really enjoying this one

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: