Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

mcdaniel023 07-19-2011 01:01 PM

It just gets better and better.

Maria C 07-19-2011 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
scrappy quilts are by far my favorite!! they are so mysterious :) and it is fun looking at all of the different fabrics used. You see a new one each time you look at it.

I agree, I love the way the eye wants to investigate all the fabrics and patterns. My hearts were made totally out of all my scraps and I made it over a few years so that I had enough of certain colours to make it more colour controlled. Squares are 1inch finished and 90 squares in each block. I was going to make it bigger but this is it. I have put borders on it now but haven't photographed it.
This thread has been fun to look through. Brilliant work done by all.

katsewnsew 07-19-2011 02:30 PM

I think I will go thru these 25 pages again! They are ALL so fantastic. I have only 1 scrappy that I made, and never took a picture of it. But just looking at all these beautiful ones, time for me to start another!!! Thanks so much for showing all your Beautiful Scrappies!!!

abc123retired 07-19-2011 02:37 PM

Rahaube, I love your scrappy blue and yellow quilt! Thanks for sharing the picture. I've been collecting FQ's and may use this idea.

abc123retired 07-19-2011 03:13 PM

rwquilts, your appliqued flower-sashed sq scrappy is just the sweetest!! Thanks for sharing.

pjustice63 07-19-2011 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by karenm36
Here's my only scrappy, made for my youngest son's 21st birthday. Made from his and his Dad's shirts...plus a few more for good measure from Goodwill. Also added some yardage just to pull it all together. This was my 2nd quilt. I couldn't have made it without the help from so many on this board!

Great quilt.

pjustice63 07-19-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting
What a great Idea! Love your SQ. I'm looking for some of mine but they are probably already posted somewhere on the board. Is it okay to post them again?
Most of mine still have to be quilted. It seems I really like to piece and not so much quilt!

Love seeing everyones quilts!
peace :D

Love your quilts!!

pjustice63 07-19-2011 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by Wunder-Mar
Holy cow, everyone! What a terrific quilt show!

Seeing is believing: "scrappy" does not equal "CRAPPY."

AMEN!!!!!

anothernancy 07-19-2011 05:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yellow brick road in Pink

oksewglad 07-19-2011 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by katsewnsew
I think I will go thru these 25 pages again! They are ALL so fantastic. I have only 1 scrappy that I made, and never took a picture of it. But just looking at all these beautiful ones, time for me to start another!!! Thanks so much for showing all your Beautiful Scrappies!!!

I did a review the other night and was just as much fun as seeing them for the first time :thumbup: