Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

ladynredd 11-05-2012 04:20 AM

Fraew, your star is a wonderful example of how beautiful a scrappy quilt can be. How did you get the effect of all the half-square triangles that form your diagonal line? Did you actually make half-square triangles or ... ??? The light area of each big triangle looks like a solid piece of fabric but that could be deceiving.

Fraew 11-05-2012 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by ladynredd (Post 5635835)
Fraew, your star is a wonderful example of how beautiful a scrappy quilt can be. How did you get the effect of all the half-square triangles that form your diagonal line? Did you actually make half-square triangles or ... ??? The light area of each big triangle looks like a solid piece of fabric but that could be deceiving.

Thank you. I cut half square triangles for the diagonal and the light areas are a solid piece. I would love to have made the light areas scrappy but didn't have enough lights...maybe the next one. :)

KwiltyKahy 11-05-2012 06:59 AM

This thread obviously touched a lot of us, I don't think I have seen one that had so many pages. What a lot of inspiration here. I knew I was saving those scraps for something.

VickiM 11-05-2012 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Fraew (Post 5636075)
Thank you. I cut half square triangles for the diagonal and the light areas are a solid piece. I would love to have made the light areas scrappy but didn't have enough lights...maybe the next one. :)

What a beautiful scrappy!!! I would love to make one like it...is there a pattern? If not, can you tell me what size scrappy squares, what size block, & what size triangles? I would like to make one of these for one of my donation quilts...it's so totally different...think it would be much loved! And what size did it turn out to be? Thanks, if you can help.

Dianemarie 11-06-2012 03:03 PM

lovely - just love the last star one......someday !

patti p 11-06-2012 04:45 PM

WOW all of these are so GREAT. i can not wait until i have some scraps to make a quilt like these. i am very new to quilting. i love the inspiration of everyones quilts thank you all for posting. :)

KwiltyKahy 11-18-2012 04:01 PM

Wow. Beautiful quilts, what a talented group you are. Now I'm going back to mine to finish it, no matter what colors end up together. LOL

wildyard 11-18-2012 04:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just finished this controlled color scrappy as a comfort quilt for my friend. The peaches and teals are scrappy. I controlled the purple and burgandy fabrics but they are scraps from my stash too. I designed the pattern myself and call it Focus Point because of the fussy cut, on point blocks.[ATTACH=CONFIG]377391[/ATTACH]

Foxflower 11-18-2012 04:46 PM

Good use of your scraps wildyard!

SandyinZ4 11-22-2012 07:26 PM

Linda, You always come up with the neatest original quilts! Lucky friend!