Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

Gannyrosie 10-12-2014 05:59 AM

post #2391. Sandy he was right, I think some of the best work I've seen is the impromptu quilts. Beautiful.

Lynnie25 10-12-2014 05:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
5 weeks of hand sewing (while nursing a badly broken ankle) and this quilt in progress in aptly named 'Crazy Days'

Annz 10-12-2014 05:18 PM

Nice, nice and more nice.

AngeliaNR 10-12-2014 05:57 PM

Wonderful, Lynnie25! Hope the ankle is better.

SandyinZ4 10-12-2014 07:49 PM

Lynnie25...your Crazy Days is fabulous. Looks really scrappy but wondering if you did it by the cutting and shuffling method? Yours definitely calls my name!

Lynnie25 10-12-2014 08:10 PM

SandyinZ4, I had foundations ready to machine piece the crazy blocks and then I broke my ankle and have had to sit for weeks on end with it elevated.....so I sat my scrap bin beside me and just started hand sewing scraps onto the foundations.

Two more weeks with ankle in plaster then I hope I go into a 'moon boot' so I can walk around on it a little and sit and sew on the machine. I have just about worn my finger out hand sewing as I don't use a thimble.

Krystyna 10-14-2014 12:38 PM

Oh Lynnie! Poor ankle! Poor you! What an amazing quilt! Just stunning!

oksewglad 10-14-2014 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 (Post 6926599)
SandyinZ4, I had foundations ready to machine piece the crazy blocks and then I broke my ankle and have had to sit for weeks on end with it elevated.....so I sat my scrap bin beside me and just started hand sewing scraps onto the foundations.

Two more weeks with ankle in plaster then I hope I go into a 'moon boot' so I can walk around on it a little and sit and sew on the machine. I have just about worn my finger out hand sewing as I don't use a thimble.

Sewglad you have been able to make good quilting use of your time. And Crazy Days looks wonderful--or how about a "lemonade" quilt as you've made lemonade out of lemons. Keep your spirits up.

sewbizgirl 10-14-2014 02:41 PM

Crazy Days is awesome, and what a great memory you will have, of having improvised by hand piecing it.

Hope you heal up well and quickly!

DDuMouchel 10-14-2014 03:03 PM

String Zigzag

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my latest string quilt, which will be quilted and bound by a quilting friend who owns a longarm and then donated to a victim of the Oklahoma tornadoes. I usually use sashing with my string quilts as it makes it easier to deal with the seam allowances. But I was playing with the blocks at a quilting retreat and some of the other retreaters convinced me to try this setting. I did press the seams open where the blocks come together, which was a PITA but will hopefully prevent her breaking any needles while quilting.