Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

DDuMouchel 04-19-2015 02:06 PM

Exploding Star

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the Exploding Star quilt that I've been working on for my youngest son, who will graduate from law school in a few weeks. Of course I didn't see the obvious booboo until AFTER it was quilted! GRRRR! Hopefully by the time it's presented to him I'll be able to laugh about it.

It's 106 inches square, totally from stash except for 6 white fat quarters that I bought to add to the variety. The same light green print is used throughout for the "dark" portion of the stars, with the light being a different white in each star. I don't use a lot of white in my quilts so I had to augment a little.

mcdaniel023 04-19-2015 02:23 PM

DDuMouchel...That is beautiful!!!!! LOVE IT!!! (2612)

sewbizgirl 04-19-2015 05:16 PM

Beautiful exploding star, Donna! Don't worry... I had to really hunt for the boo-boo and only because you said it was there.

Sometimes I wonder if longarmers quilt with their eyes closed.

Cam's gram 04-19-2015 05:19 PM

Wonderful quilt!

heather1949 04-19-2015 05:37 PM

They all look Fantastic :)

faykilgore 04-19-2015 06:14 PM

DDuMouchel. Beautiful! I also would not have noticed if you hadn't mentioned it.

Just Jan 04-19-2015 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by DDuMouchel (Post 7170081)
Here is the Exploding Star quilt that I've been working on for my youngest son, who will graduate from law school in a few weeks. Of course I didn't see the obvious booboo until AFTER it was quilted! GRRRR! Hopefully by the time it's presented to him I'll be able to laugh about it.

It's 106 inches square, totally from stash except for 6 white fat quarters that I bought to add to the variety. The same light green print is used throughout for the "dark" portion of the stars, with the light being a different white in each star. I don't use a lot of white in my quilts so I had to augment a little.

Your quilt is gorgeous! An easy fix for the boo boo is to simply applique the correct squares over the wrong ones, then re-quilt it, using the pattern on the quilt back as your guide if needed. You absolutely can't see it when you're done! I believe Eleanor Burns has a youtube tutorial showing this method to repair damaged antique quilts. Beautiful quilt!

Gannyrosie 04-20-2015 03:05 AM

DDuMouchel, thanks for sharing his beautiful quilt. Okay, I see the booboo, but it will be special and when it comes from the heart and the love of a mother, there is no mistakes. ( pos t 2612)

SandyinZ4 04-20-2015 07:13 PM

What a fab quilt (#2612) DDu...I like the idea of appliqueing the correct block on top. Either way, it is filled with love and I bet you son will love it.

quiltingbea 04-21-2015 05:58 AM

I don't even see it. I'm sure your son won't see it either. It's beautiful!