Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

Carol in Colorado 07-11-2011 02:16 PM

Oh my, I had no idea scraps could be so beautiful. These quilts are just STUNNING!!! They make me want to run home and start one tonight. Great job everyone and thanks for sharing.

deedum 07-11-2011 06:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another :)

just a scrappy charity quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]225178[/ATTACH]

quilterguy27 07-12-2011 09:17 AM

There are some really stunning quilts in this thread. I will continue to watch. It's very hard to believe some of these are scrappy, but how amazing the work you can do with just a bunch of scraps and turn them into works of art. Great job everyone!!!!

Sing99 07-12-2011 03:30 PM

What a great scrappy quilt show!! I've put several in my to do pile. Thanks so much you all for sharing.

Nolee 07-12-2011 03:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I posted this last week but maybe some didn't see it. This is my very first scrappy and my granddaughter claimed it as her own when she saw me making it. I was just fiddling around with the idea of trying a scrappy, but it sure won't be my last.

I wonder if this thread surpasses all others for length, LOL. Isn't it wonderful to see all this creativity? I LOVE IT!!!!!!

Lindsey's Birthday Quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]225481[/ATTACH]

sarahconner 07-12-2011 04:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have a few

Quilt for my daughter that I actually began 21 yrs ago
[ATTACH=CONFIG]225489[/ATTACH]

Bonnie Hunter 'crumbs'/ also orphan blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]225490[/ATTACH]

Football quilt for son/daughter in law
[ATTACH=CONFIG]225491[/ATTACH]

mommafank 07-12-2011 04:37 PM

Who has a good definition for scrappy?

cjomomma 07-12-2011 05:03 PM

I'm so glad this thread was started. I'm really enjoying seeing all these beautiful quilts.

grammy Dwynn 07-12-2011 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by mommafank
Who has a good definition for scrappy?

Here is what the Dictionary says;

scrap·py
1    [skrap-ee]
–adjective, -pi·er, -pi·est.
made up of scraps or of odds and ends; fragmentary; disconnected.

IMHO ~ I think of scrappy quilts that are made of leftovers from other sewing projects (quilts, clothing, etc). But others may think that multiple color/shades/fabrics make a scrappy. There really is no hard fast RULE for scrappy quilts.

BevF 07-12-2011 06:35 PM

Congratulations to all of you who have made the most out of your yardage! I tend to like those which don't look like scrappies mostly because there can be a lot of time spent "playing"/planning that go into them. I like the Victorian scrappies also (although I'm lacking the proper term). The salvage scrappies are growing on me, but no matter what, I think it is great when people use up what they have and make the most of it. These are all great scrappies! Thanks for sharing!