Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

oksewglad 09-05-2011 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieF
I wanted to thank you for thisnthread. It made me stop and think...what are my favorite scrappy patterns. When I could not come up with a lot I decided I needed a bucket list. I've started to pull off pictures of scrappy quilts when I see them. They go into an album so I can page through when I need inspiration.

I have paged through the pictures 2 x now. Maybe the third time I will do as you have done!

quiltinghere 09-06-2011 03:44 AM

IZY - you're quilt is wonderful!!!! one day I hope to make one using HST and 4Patch blocks too......'one day'.....

Just-Lee 09-06-2011 04:32 AM

I love scrappy quilts!! They always remind me of the sacrifices the older generations made. They often had to use worn out clothes, feed sacks, blankets for batting, etc. Money was not there and they were the epitome of making something wonderful from nothing...whether it was quilts, clothes, or food :) I have 6 quilts of my great-grandmother's and great aunts....they were poor, the quilts are all scrappy, and I love them dearly :)

Havplenty 09-08-2011 11:25 AM

i use one of the garden knee pads when i'm on the floor pin basting quilts. have you tried them? they work wonders to help pad the old knees.

mary

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Wow Izy!! I'm impressed!!! Bet your knees are aching now!!!! :(

Yes, especially when I knelt on the blinking pins LOL!! I am off to attempt quilting it right now!

:shock: :roll: :D

Izy 09-08-2011 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty
i use one of the garden knee pads when i'm on the floor pin basting quilts. have you tried them? they work wonders to help pad the old knees.

mary

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Wow Izy!! I'm impressed!!! Bet your knees are aching now!!!! :(

Yes, especially when I knelt on the blinking pins LOL!! I am off to attempt quilting it right now!

What a great idea!! Thanks, I will buy some before I next pin baste

:shock: :roll: :D

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

mim 09-08-2011 03:51 PM

Great idea -- I will do that. !! -- thanks -- Mim

[quote=Havplenty]i use one of the garden knee pads when i'm on the floor pin basting quilts. have you tried them? they work wonders to help pad the old knees.

mary

[

mtkoldra 09-08-2011 05:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
one more of my scrappy quilts, this is one of my first quilts, made it for my sister who lives in Europe. took this picture on the recent visit. It is machine pieced and hand quilted.

scrappy basket quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]253524[/ATTACH]

sally taormina 09-20-2011 05:48 AM

I really like the scrappy quilt patterns you did. I really like the strip twist and am going to try it.Thanks so much for sharing them now maybe I will get the incentive to use up some of my scraps,Thanks for sharing!

sharoney 09-20-2011 05:53 AM

wow! Great scrappies!

MaryAnna 09-20-2011 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Tink74

Originally Posted by GingerK
Thinblebug6000, your second picture, with the interupted white diamonds is absolutely stunning and I really hope you don't mind if I try something similar. I have a whole pile of 2 inch squares that are crying for a pattern just like that!

Everyone--thanks for so many more ideas! I never knew scrappy quilts could be so stunning!

Is there a pattern or directions somewhere? I love, love, love it!!

Me too! I love the interupted white diamonds.....where did you get the pattern? I love it! All the quilts are fabulous, but that white diamond one really catches your eye.
Thanks!
Blessings,
MaryAnna