Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

Izy 08-27-2011 11:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's an update of my scrappy WIP :-D

I am now making HST in diamond formation for the next pieced border, I am loving making this one :lol:

Janice Thompson 08-27-2011 12:46 PM

BEAUTIFUL

CoventryUK 08-27-2011 12:52 PM

Another stunner Izy!!!Beautiful!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Izy 08-27-2011 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Another stunner Izy!!!Beautiful!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ha...it's already been passed as fit for the QB by you Hilary dear, but thanks again

:thumbup: :roll: :lol:

mim 08-27-2011 02:58 PM

OOOHH -- That is beautiful !!! Almost I wish I had a lot of squares. When I was swapping squares in Y2K swaps I had thousands. I made a lot of TATW and Irish chains.

Remember the Y2K panics???

Mim

Originally Posted by Izy

I am now making HST in diamond formation for the next pieced border, I am loving making this one :lol:

Quilt Fan 08-27-2011 07:01 PM

That is beautiful. You have so many different fabric pieces. Is there a name for the pattern?

Izy 08-27-2011 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt Fan
That is beautiful. You have so many different fabric pieces. Is there a name for the pattern?

Not sure if you mean my quilt thanks!.... but just in case you do, it is a variation of the Jacob's Ladder pattern, of which there are several. Basically it is made from 4 patches and HST in a 9 patch formation. Three 4 Patches running diagonally, with the HST placed with dark sides touching 4 Patches and two opposite corners turned dark side out which form the diamonds when blocks are turned...clear as mud?

:lol: :D

Izy 08-27-2011 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by mim
OOOHH -- That is beautiful !!! Almost I wish I had a lot of squares. When I was swapping squares in Y2K swaps I had thousands. I made a lot of TATW and Irish chains.

Mim

Originally Posted by Izy

Thanks Mim! This pattern would be great for all the squares collected in swaps...I don't remember, what is the Y2K panics????

:-D

mim 08-28-2011 06:51 AM

Y2K explanation

Back in the late 1990s the world went into a panic -- the year 2000 was coming up -- the big unknown was that all computers had clocks -- and the dates all started with 19-- not 20-- the world would stop because the computers wouldn't know what to do -- think hospitals with equipment -- Airplane industry -- traffic lights -- and especially banks -- everything was supposed to crash. Companies spent millionsto reprogram their computers. And then New Years eve came and went -- nothing happened -- big letdown for the doomsday guys.

I will admit there was the possibility of a problem -- I was in the medical computer field and if a patient was born before 1900 we had to do some fancy computer stuff to get their birthdate back to 18-- The computers had 19-- built in.

Mim

I'll start a thread about the special Y2K swaps

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by mim

Mim

Originally Posted by Izy

Thanks Mim! This pattern would be great for all the squares collected in swaps...I don't remember, what is the Y2K panics????

Izy 08-28-2011 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by mim
Y2K explanation

Back in the late 1990s the world went into a panic -- the year 2000 was coming up -- the big unknown was that all computers had clocks -- and the dates all started with 19-- not 20-- the world would stop because the computers wouldn't know what to do -- think hospitals with equipment -- Airplane industry -- traffic lights -- and especially banks -- everything was supposed to crash. Companies spent millionsto reprogram their computers. And then New Years eve came and went -- nothing happened -- big letdown for the doomsday guys.

I will admit there was the possibility of a problem -- I was in the medical computer field and if a patient was born before 1900 we had to do some fancy computer stuff to get their birthdate back to 18-- The computers had 19-- built in.

Mim

I'll start a thread about the special Y2K swaps

Originally Posted by Izy

Originally Posted by mim

Mim

Originally Posted by Izy

Oh I remember all the hype about that, although that term wasn't used that I remember! I was the registered Manager of a Residential Care Home at that time and had to produce a full contingency plan just in case this very thing happened...which it didn't!! It was months of work all for nothing! Grrhh !!
:roll: :lol: :oops: