Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

Jordan 10-04-2011 04:53 AM

Love the 4 patch one-beautiful. Is there a pattern for this one?

Iris P. 10-04-2011 04:07 PM

They are both so lovely! Congratulations on your quilts!! :D

moosegirl 10-05-2011 04:52 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple of my collection of scrap quilts. Moosegirl

Bricks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266594[/ATTACH]

dragonfly
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266599[/ATTACH]

Star
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266603[/ATTACH]

mim 10-05-2011 05:03 AM

moosegirl -- that is a really striking quilt -- wonderful for using up jelly rolls or 6 1/2" squares. I like the border effect too
Mim

moosegirl 10-05-2011 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by mim
moosegirl -- that is a really striking quilt -- wonderful for using up jelly rolls or 6 1/2" squares. I like the border effect too
Mim

I started this quilt before we ever heard of jelly rolls all are individually rotary cut from scraps, wish I did have pre cut strips boy that would have been real easy, thanks, glad you enjoyed the quilt. Moosegirl

oksewglad 10-05-2011 07:31 AM

moosegirl, your setting designs and fabric choices enhance your scraps! Great job.

QuiltE 10-05-2011 11:35 AM

6 Attachment(s)
OKSewGlad just nudged me that I should post these!! And then later, I'll go back and enjoy viewing the great scrappy works already posted!

Falling Leaves ..... 9 assorted greens for the background, each leaf a different fabric, plus a fabric striped stem bringing the total to 34!! It's all one inch finished squares, and 3"x1" filler strips.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266762[/ATTACH]

Stained Glass -- the one many of you have become familiar with as my avatar quilt. It's a Tube Quilt Pattern from Cozy Quilts, California. Never one to follow instructions, I kept making strips with different fabrics and there's somewhere around 80 different fabrics in it!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266766[/ATTACH]

Mexican Wedding Quilt ,,, the next picture shows you all the different fabrics in the ♥ block
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266768[/ATTACH]

Many of my quilts are scrappy's. Now I try to include a reference block with some of each fabric. That's what this ♥ block is all about, plus of course, it fits for the wedding theme. Every piece is different coming to a count of 40 fabrics!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266769[/ATTACH]

Same pattern, different twist!!! At the middle near the bottom you'll see a bunch of postage stamps to display the 36 fabrics that are in this quilt. The backing is the same green, fish scale looking fabric as is in the green border.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266771[/ATTACH]

jeaninmaine 10-05-2011 11:58 AM

You gals are really showing some great quilts. I'm getting lots of inspiration from this topic. I love the reference block idea.

QuiltE 10-05-2011 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
You gals are really showing some great quilts. I'm getting lots of inspiration from this topic. I love the reference block idea.

The Mexican Wedding Quilt was the first time I did that ... and since then, I've been trying to remember to build it in somewhere! Haven't yet, but I can see that it might end up being with the label on the back at times, too!

jeaninmaine 10-05-2011 12:17 PM

That would work too. Good idea.