Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy star using dryer sheets (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-star-using-dryer-sheets-t262809.html)

tessagin 03-19-2015 10:05 AM

Looks a lot like Bonnie Hunter's Spider web. She did one called a Serpentine. Just a matter of how you place/arrange the blocks. Looks great!!

Originally Posted by spartan quilter (Post 7132526)
I can't really say where the idea came from. I had the kite idea, probably from the periwinkle pattern, but all these strips of scraps, so I just started playing with 2 blocks and liked how they came out. Problem is that I still have a lot of scraps left. Must dream up something else now. Thanks to all for the great comments

ManiacQuilter2 03-19-2015 10:57 AM

Nicely done. I have this quilt on my bucket list.

spartan quilter 03-19-2015 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Brenda (Post 7133256)
Do you remove the dryer sheets at some point??? If so, how difficult is it. What is the name of the pattern? Looks like
a lot of fun to make, and the result is outstanding.

i sort of adjusted the periwinkle pattern and, no, I did not remove the sheets. I used school glue to set the yellow kite into the corner on the 6 1/4 square of dryer sheet, and then just sewed 3/4 to 1 1/4 inch strips alternating sides then squared at 6 inches. On the periwinkle quilt, which is pp, the kite is set into the point of the triangle, thus ending up with a spider effect. Hope that makes an understandable explanation

wendiq 03-19-2015 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter (Post 7133358)
i sort of adjusted the periwinkle pattern and, no, I did not remove the sheets. I used school glue to set the yellow kite into the corner on the 6 1/4 square of dryer sheet, and then just sewed 3/4 to 1 1/4 inch strips alternating sides then squared at 6 inches. On the periwinkle quilt, which is pp, the kite is set into the point of the triangle, thus ending up with a spider effect. Hope that makes an understandable explanation

I guess I'm being a total dolt, but I can't figure out how you did this.....would you consider a basic tutorial? I believe there are enough of us here that would be interested......:)

MargeD 03-19-2015 05:33 PM

I'm glad the dryer sheets worked for you, great way to recycle and your quilt is beautiful.

grammysharon 03-19-2015 06:48 PM

The yellow really ties all the other colors together, love it!!!

Nammie to 7 03-19-2015 06:50 PM

Looks really nice! I've had this type (star) in mind for a while -- just need to do it. Hope it turns out as well as yours did!

annette1952 03-19-2015 09:59 PM

Very pretty! Love the scrappy

ube quilting 03-20-2015 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by wendiq (Post 7133617)
I guess I'm being a total dolt, but I can't figure out how you did this.....would you consider a basic tutorial? I believe there are enough of us here that would be interested......:)

I would love to see a tute also!
peace

GrammieJan 03-20-2015 11:20 AM

Beautiful quilt! Thanks for posting. I, too, would love to see a tutorial.