Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

gramqlts 03-07-2010 01:24 PM

Leota...you are so right...Lord knows I have enough fabric in my stash to send every member of the SQA a fat quarter and still be covered up with fabric! I was reading on some one's post that her mother walks around behind her when she goes in to her sewing room to make sure she doesn't take anything. My two daughters and their friends just help themselves at will and I just smile thinking....another generation of quilters in the making. Makes my heart sing!!!! They even come over and pull stuff out and use what they want while I am at work and show me their great projects later. Heck, it's just fabric and some of it is bound to dry rot before I use it all. I have good intentions when I buy stuff and lots of ideas for it...just not enough time to make it all up. I live on a limited income to but God always leads me to great sales and it just means I cook and take leftovers to work instead of eating out alot like some of the other girls at work. Not to brag but I am a GREAT cook. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you...lol. And if you saw my roley poley little squatty fat self you would see how much I enjoy my cooking!!!! HA HA

mcdaniel023 03-07-2010 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach

Originally Posted by gramqlts
Any I love you Peach....calm down.....don't want you to stroke out! LOL

IF I HAVEN"T STROKED OUT YET IT AINT HAPPENING!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Love you too!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: :lol:

lfw045 03-07-2010 01:32 PM

I feel blessed just to know you ladies on this message board. You are all sweethearts and I appreciate what you all are doing. Yes handmade, homemade, just a "thinking of you" on a piece of paper is all it takes. Thank you MaryJane and all!

Leota 03-07-2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by gramqlts
Leota...you are so right...Lord knows I have enough fabric in my stash to send every member of the SQA a fat quarter and still be covered up with fabric! I was reading on some one's post that her mother walks around behind her when she goes in to her sewing room to make sure she doesn't take anything. My two daughters and their friends just help themselves at will and I just smile thinking....another generation of quilters in the making. Makes my heart sing!!!! They even come over and pull stuff out and use what they want while I am at work and show me their great projects later. Heck, it's just fabric and some of it is bound to dry rot before I use it all. I have good intentions when I buy stuff and lots of ideas for
it...just not enough time to make it all up. I live on a limited income to but God always leads me to great sales and it just means I cook and take leftovers to work instead of eating out alot like some of the other girls at work. Not to brag but I am a GREAT cook. Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you...lol. And if you saw my roley poley little squatty fat self you would see how much I enjoy my cooking!!!! HA HA

My mother and I both think like you about the fabric.... if we haven't made up within the past 10 years... it's up for grabs.

Catlady 03-07-2010 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
I was talking to someone (I really don't remember who) about the SQA thing and they stated "I thought it was just major holidays and small things....I (as a lot of us) live on a small fixed income...that is why I am creative... I've often not even been able to afford a store bought card.... I have crayolas and copy paper...whala... pretty original card... cost = $0000.00.
can't afford $2.00 for a FQ... choose from your stash, cut 1/2 yard ... again whala ... nice gift in homemade card = $000.00... can't count cost of fabric from stash. ;D the Bottom Line is you DON'T have to spend $100/mo or even $2.00/mo. to let your secret person know they are being thought of.
That's my 2 cents for whatever it's worth.

You are so right girl.
Catlady

OdessaQuilts 03-07-2010 09:12 PM

I LOVE some of the ideas floating around here! Some of the Angels are sending a block a month to their Angelee, I think I saw where some are sending directions and/or FQ's to their Angelees to make their own BOM project. I think I even saw someone say their Angel is doing some kind of mystery quilt thing ... those kinds of things don't have to cost a lot of $$.

Now, my Angel has sent me 2 packages, one in Jan. and one in Feb. That's perfect for me; it keeps me excited to open the mailbox, but I don't feel a ton of pressure to "Keep up with the Joneses".

Life is good, ladies, let's not stress out, but let's try to keep up with our promises to take care of our Angelees. A quick note just to say "hey there, how ya doin'?" goes a long way.

And watch out Angelees.......I'm sending out a package in the next couple of days, so someone is bound to be happy real soon!

Odessa

tlrnhi 03-08-2010 03:40 AM

Send it to me!! Whether I am supposed to get it or not, I would be HAPPY to recieve! lol

sandpat 03-08-2010 05:03 AM

Well...I'm getting another package ready to go..I just love putting things together :lol:

diannemc 03-08-2010 05:30 AM

I have a new address for my secret angel..
75 Watling Way
Columbus, MS 39705

tlrnhi 03-08-2010 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Well...I'm getting another package ready to go..I just love putting things together :lol:

Is it coming my way? lol