Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

KGoodhand 04-25-2010 05:45 AM

Sandpat - don't worry I am thinking the same thing! I would love to send my angel more but unfortunately that is not possible at the moment! Hopefully she is okay with a card and such and the knowledge that I am always thinking of her!!

Oklahoma Lightning 04-25-2010 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Lightning

Originally Posted by Oklahoma Lightning
My angel sent me another wonderful box of stuff. Let me try and up load the photo.

I also am uploading a photo of Aurora my grand daughter.
The chicks she has trained to hop on her hand and then she puts them on her shoulder.

My SA is wonderful

Wow, what a great assortment of gifts you received. That should keep you quite busy for a long time. Aurora is adorable with those little chicks. How cute that she is training them. Special little girl.

Thanks Aurora is wonderful with any animal. Horses that are standoffish to grown ups, come right up to her. We have one that hard to catch that will race up to her put her head over the fence and put it on Aurora head. She will reach up and pet it and laugh.

GladGrams 04-25-2010 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Wow you guys....these huge packages of stuff are making me feel a bit inadequate.....I can't get out to stores all that often and don't have all that here to send out to my anglee...so sorry honey...I am thinking about you, but a card will sometimes have to do... :roll: Sorrrryyyyy.....

Sandpat - Please don't let things get to you. :( We all agreed in the beginning it is not the amount of $ spent or the size of the gift. It is the fact that someone cares about you.

There will always be people who do more than others and that is just the way it is.

Neither you nor I nor anyone signed on to be a SQA because we wanted to enter a competition. We want to do something nice. I would bet that many of our angels are living on sparse incomes and that their angelees are very thankful when one is remembered. I can't think of anyone who isn't thrilled to receive a card. :-)

Feel special today Sandpat because you are! You are also much loved and appreciated.

Hugs from Norway

jetnica 04-25-2010 08:26 AM

Well said GladGrams!!

mjsylvstr 04-25-2010 09:03 AM

What I try to do is pick up little things along the way. If I see something and have a little extra that I can manage without doing without something that is needed....I will get it.....
and then there are times , I would like to buy an item, but it wasn't in the cards that day........

so with these little things picked up here and there, I have something to send out when the time comes.........but believe me, as I mentioned before this,
those emails that my SQA and I exchange are even more welcoming ...

we have become friends and I even feel as though I have a couple new grandbabies....or maybe I should say greatgrand ones with my age......

We are anxiously awaiting December so that we can exchange pictures......well, I am waiting as SQA has already seem my troops.

So, ladies, it's not the size or how many the gifts but the friendships that we are winning through this QMB.

Have a wondeerful spring filled remaining weekend..........

dojo36 04-25-2010 09:17 AM

very well said ladies, i think this is just so much fun, my sqa has sent me several fat quarters, so i am making a quilt out of them as i receive them and going to make a simple quilt, and raffle it off to help a family that a neighbor dog mauled their toddler, it's so sad, the child lost an eye, he had brain surgery and doctors found a dog's tooth embedded in his brain. it's just so very sad. i'll try to find the article in our local newspaper and post the link here. if i can do it.
donna

Oklahoma Lightning 04-25-2010 09:18 AM

I agree, I am not good at getting things in the mail but I been picking things up and putting them in a box. When my SA gets it she know I think of her often. Money often a issue you but I try a find things I think she like.

b.zang 04-25-2010 10:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It really is a nice feeling to know that there is someone out there thinking about you!
And, it's even nicer to have a tangible reminder as well, such as the lovely package I received from my SQA. Thank you so much!

I even went back to see if I had listed these magazines as the ones I read the most often, but didn't so somehow the magic moved and my SQA found exactly the right things. Plus - special paper for paper piecing! I've been searching for this kind of thing. And...my very first pair of quilting gloves (I've been using garden gloves). Ooh, so special I do feel.

This picture is a bit dark since I was trying to eliminate glare by taking it without a flash.

STAR 04-25-2010 10:37 AM

great magazines!

SulaBug 04-25-2010 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by magnolia
I received a giant box from my Angel today. Thank you so much. She sent all kinds of fabrics, thread, a couple books, a plastic holder for little things or glasses (I just got a new pair), a pattern, and more items. There are too many to name. I also love the cat and kitten fabric. I think I might make these into little pillows for my nieces for Christmas or their Birthdays. She also asked if I could post some of my favorite colors. My favorite colors are green, blue, and pink. I am happy with anything though. Thank you again for such a great gift. And thank you for the birthday wishes!

Magnolia,
I just LOVE everything you received from your S.Q.A. in the mail!! You are one lucky girl, getting such nice things. We are all so lucky with the generous things that have been sent to each of us!! I LOVE my S.Q.A. to piece's!!
:D :D :D :D