Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

Esqmommy 01-15-2010 06:55 AM

I think if the angelee has not heard from their angel by 1/31 then Karen should send them a pm asking if they still want to be involved, and give them a nudge. If no reply, then she needs to do some reassigning. This is supposed to be a two-way street...and a feel good thing, not a competition or a way to get free goodies without doing in return. What do you think?

Leota 01-15-2010 07:05 AM

I agree. If you changed your mind and don't want to participate please contact Kwhite and let her know. It's mean spirited to not send your angelee anything. Yes, times are hard and sometimes, postage is daunting but even a simple card will bring a smile. Also, you can slip a single FQ or a package of needles in a card and it will not affect the weight. Can't afford a FQ...make one from your stash... goodness... we aren't suppose to spend $20+ each month on this...
Ok, I'll climb down off my soapbox :D

Grama Lehr 01-15-2010 07:10 AM

Guess what!?! I got a lovely package from my secret angel! It came on Thursday. I love my angel! She sent a beautiful reed room fresher. It has straw and reed flowers to disburse the air freshener. Disney fabric fat squares, TWO PINK ones, which I just LOVE! This cool little magnetic pin picker upper, and a chalk line marker. IT WAS LIKE CHRISTMAS!! It couldn't have come on a better day...but, she changed it into a wonderful day. Did I say that I love everything?? Thanks a bunch!!

mjsylvstr 01-15-2010 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I think if the angelee has not heard from their angel by 1/31 then Karen should send them a pm asking if they still want to be involved, and give them a nudge. If no reply, then she needs to do some reassigning. This is supposed to be a two-way street...and a feel good thing, not a competition or a way to get free goodies without doing in return. What do you think?

I agree 100%.I was so excited when my gift arrived that I couldn't wait to get online to tell you all about it and send out photos of them.....

As I mentioned earlier, I know my angelee received the first but I have sent more cards and a few gifts also.......and have read nothing since.........
oh woe is me !!!!!!!
I would also like to be sure that she is alright and not feeling under the weather ......

cjc 01-15-2010 08:27 AM

Got to put my 2 cents in here. And up front I received mine before I sent the one for my angelee and I don't know if she has it or not but I am just anxious about that..and that being said...It's only Jan 15th.. This is suppose to be fun, it's suppose to be a surprise for you to send to someone. Some people work, don't get to the Post office (I never go there, it's way across town, so I mean never), we don't know what is going on in people's lives.

Knot Sew 01-15-2010 08:32 AM

I just went out to the mailbox and nothing again....my mail man comes 10 am :-( This month is half over today...

cjc 01-15-2010 08:44 AM

Just to let my SQA know. Thank you so much for the package, it was wonderful. I love the angel panel and other goodies and that it came quickly was an added bonus and I appreciate the thought.

pocoellie 01-15-2010 09:12 AM

I also haven't seen or heard that my secret angel has received her little package.

Crafty1 01-15-2010 09:46 AM

Isn't this supposed to be fun and exciting! We have a whole year :)

Chele 01-15-2010 09:51 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I hope that everyone will receive something very soon. I'd send you something if I had your addresses! I almost feel bad posting my lovely surprise that arrived today. My angel is an angel!

There's a beautiful applique pattern with fruit and flowers, pretty fat quarters, fish buttons and a menu and shopping list pad. My angel has me down to a T! Thank you angel! :D