Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   For The Sewing Machine Experts..Date This Machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sewing-machine-experts-date-machine-t53756.html)

marsye 07-10-2010 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Have you tried it yet ? Does it work ?

Yes it works and sounds good! It took me forever to figure out how to thread it! Its before my time. :lol: If anyone is interested PM me.

BellaBoo 07-10-2010 12:22 PM

If you do any paper piecing this machine is the best! The seam length will shorten to 30 stitches per inch! I have never figured out what anyone would use 30 stitches per inch for. I have one of these in the original cabinet and it sews like a dream. Sews perfect stitches and will use any size thread, linty or not. Easy to clean and maintain. It is a perfect first machine for anyone. This machine will be sewing for many many years if taken care of. It won't be that much to ship either, it's really light compared to a lot of the older metal machines. There are several posters that are looking for machine as they are out of work now. I hope they see this!

CarrieAnne 07-10-2010 12:24 PM

Its a great machine! Try it out Marsye, youll love it.

marsye 07-10-2010 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
If you do any paper piecing this machine is the best! The seam length will shorten to 30 stitches per inch! I have never figured out what anyone would use 30 stitches per inch for. I have one of these in the original cabinet and it sews like a dream. Sews perfect stitches and will use any size thread, linty or not. Easy to clean and maintain. It is a perfect first machine for anyone. This machine will be sewing for many many years if taken care of. It won't be that much to ship either, it's really light compared to a lot of the older metal machines. There are several posters that are looking for machine as they are out of work now. I hope they see this!

It weighs 35 pounds. :shock:

CarolinePaj 07-10-2010 12:45 PM

Hi Marsye,

What happened to your avitar???? It always cheered me up!

Hugs

Caroline

marsye 07-10-2010 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj
Hi Marsye,

Hugs

Caroline

damn!! Is my real face that ugly???? LOL hahahaha

azgal 07-10-2010 12:59 PM

Miss it too! Always made me chuckle. Although it is nice to see your sweet face, too!

magpie 07-10-2010 01:05 PM

I have a very similiar machine, was originally a treadle, but my dad switched to a motor in the '60's. I want to clean it up and put it back to a treadle 'cause the foot pedal and cord must have gotten hot, they are partially melted, so can't plug it in. I learned to sew when it was still a treadle. Fun.

dkabasketlady 07-10-2010 01:27 PM

Gorgeous machine, I wish I lived closer & I'd take it off your hands, feet, table or wherever it's at,lol!!!!

Marlys 07-10-2010 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj
Hi Marsye,

Hugs

Caroline

damn!! Is my real face that ugly???? LOL hahahaha

I hope you don't change it! I like seeing YOUR smiling face!