Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Siamese Cat - SEE IT FINISHED ON PAGE 4 :-) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/siamese-cat-see-finished-page-4-a-t26589.html)

tlrnhi 10-12-2009 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Terri.....I have NO idea!!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol:

lmao!
You know Patti, you shouldn't give yourself names like that :) :)

amma 10-12-2009 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Originally Posted by BlueChicken

Originally Posted by sandpat
I see that "quilt klepto" has claimed this one too...

ROTFPMSL

I laughed so hard when I read her new name... coffee nearly came out my nose!

Quilt klepto...who is that??? ;)

Webster's Dictionary:
Quilt Klepto=tlrnhi of Guam aka Terri
Warning From the Int'l Quilt Police!!! Hide all of your quilts whenever she is in your area!!!

Blue your quilt top is gorgeous!!! I love all of the hand applique work on it :D :D :D

Boston1954 10-12-2009 09:34 AM

Kitty paw prints.

Deecee 10-12-2009 02:12 PM

Absolutely loved your quilt when I saw the first blocks - now with all blocks and borders it is stunning!
You must have a great deal of patience for all that needle turn!
I agree with previous suggestions re stippling and outlining cats to make them pop and the idea of paw prints adds a great touch.
The background fabric is also beautiful.

BlueChicken 10-13-2009 12:14 PM

I'm a bit nervous about quilting it, in case I wreck it! LOL

I keep staring at it thinking "wow that looks good". I have another to quilt before it, that isn't so important, so that should relax me and give me a little confidence.

kd124 10-13-2009 10:06 PM

I can relate to that Blue. I have a top that my grandmother made in the early 60's for my dad. Unfortunately, he passed away before she finished it. Mom had it for years and did nothing with it. I have had it for many years. Initially, I didn't have a clue how to do it other than to tie it. I am glad I didn't as my sis and I have the sewing machine on a frame now. Still I am afraid I will mess it up and can't decide what pattern would be best. Grandma wasn't the best seamtress, but I know she put love into and that means a lot.

I have confidence in you though; you do good work.

Deecee 10-13-2009 10:10 PM

Hi Blue,
Grit your teeth, put some music on and start quilting! The more you worry about wrecking it, the more tensed up your quilting gets.
Anyone who has the patience to do all that lovely needleturn should have the confidence to go ahead, but get in the groove doing the other quilt first to relax.
Smile and enjoy the process :D

Quilt4u 10-14-2009 01:42 AM

I just love that Quilt.

tlrnhi 10-14-2009 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I'm a bit nervous about quilting it, in case I wreck it! LOL

I keep staring at it thinking "wow that looks good". I have another to quilt before it, that isn't so important, so that should relax me and give me a little confidence.

You just send that little beauty to me for safe keeping. Then when you are ready to quilt it, I'll send it back ;);)

feline fanatic 10-14-2009 05:35 AM

Blue,

This is absolutely gorgeous!! I am really bad at applique so I bypass those patterns. Like anything else, I guess the only way to get good at it is to practice practice practice.

Regarding quilitng... When in doubt (worried about ruining) I hand quilt. I feel I have much more control hand quilting but again I have not practiced my FMQ enough to feel truly confident. I would echo stitch around each cat. I like the idea of paw prints in the sashing as well.