Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Siamese Cat - SEE IT FINISHED ON PAGE 4 :-) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/siamese-cat-see-finished-page-4-a-t26589.html)

pookie ookie 10-06-2009 09:39 AM

Love it. I've been thinking about Siamese blocks.

I'm a dog person with a Meezer. He's more dog than cat, of course. Used to have two of them. Should probably go get another one. The pound is always full of them.

I have magnifying headgear for close work. Reminds me of half a welder's mask. Unattractive.

SharonC 10-06-2009 09:47 AM

Blue Chicken..Love your cats they look FANTASTIC!!!!
I have one of those headlights too (for hiking), but may use for sewing if I need to now. (LOL).
I too look over my glasses at the TV; will have to ask DH if he thinks that sexy or not "LOL"

Boston1954 10-06-2009 10:07 AM

MEOW!!!! That means I love it!! What a terrific job. Can't wait to see it all together.

About your having to wear glasses, I heard Red Skelton once say "I've reached the age when curiosity now outweighs vanity."

k3n 10-06-2009 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
MEOW!!!! That means I love it!! What a terrific job. Can't wait to see it all together.

About your having to wear glasses, I heard Red Skelton once say "I've reached the age when curiosity now outweighs vanity."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe we should start a thead showing ourselves wearing all this unusual quilting gear?! :mrgreen:

Boston1954 10-06-2009 10:41 AM

Glasses????

k3n 10-06-2009 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954
Glasses????

No the headlamp thingies and the magnifying welder's mask! :D

Boston1954 10-06-2009 10:46 AM

Oh, I do not have any of those..............yet.

quilt addict 10-06-2009 11:31 AM

Blue,

This is an awesome BOM :mrgreen: Thank you for sharing, my cats look at me funny with my gear on. They don't understand why those threads are not for chasing and catching as they come through the fabric.

Anxiously await the finished product.

OrchidQuiltFish(OQF) 10-06-2009 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
Thanks! :-)

I'm doing the cats by needleturn, and since giving in and buying some glasses for the close work, it's going fast. I hope to have the last two blocks done by the end of the week.

Lovely work blue. Can you do a tut on it?

BlueChicken 10-06-2009 12:17 PM

:D
It's the desire for tiny wee invisible stitches that overrides my vanity! lol

I got all the pieces for the last two blocks done last night, traced onto freezer paper, cut out, ironed onto the fabric, and cut out again. In the middle of ironing them onto the other side.

I never thought of taking photos, I don't think I do anything special, but will take photos of the steps and see what you think.

Baren*eh*ked_canadian, I got you message, will post the name of the patter here in case others want to know too. :-)

It's called "Temple Guardians" by Helene Knott, put out by StoryQuilts.com