Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sick about this (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sick-about-t38795.html)

pittsburgpam 03-06-2010 01:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got this quilt out to look it over, considering blocking and binding, etc. and I noticed something. Look at the dark inner border around the center star. When I made it the width of that border had to be pretty exact so that the next row of blocks fit correctly. I drew the line that the row of blocks had to line up with for sewing.

I had gone over and over this top before deciding that I was ready to send it off for quilting and I never realized that I hadn't trimmed the dark border fabric. Now it shows underneath the lighter fabric.

I believe that may be totally unacceptable and maybe I should forget about entering this quilt in any shows.

Please... honest opinions? Is that a show stopper? Should I just be happy with the wonderful quilt it is and forget about showing it?

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 03-06-2010 01:46 PM

I know nothing about quilt shows, so I can't say if it is "show worthy". I can say if is beautiful. If you can't show it, I hope you can still love it.

RatherB Quilting 03-06-2010 01:48 PM

Personally, I think it is a STUNNING quilt and even if it doesn't go into shows, it should be prominantly displayed so that everyone can admire the gorgeous, precise piecing and the superb quilting. Mon Dieu...I wish I had a quilt that looked like that!!

sewcrazygirl 03-06-2010 01:52 PM

i dont see it. Its is beautiful!

Rhonda 03-06-2010 01:55 PM

I would let the judges decide. It may not even be noticed. We as quilters notice things noone else sees in our own quilts. The untrimmed dk may go by unnoticed. It is too beautiful not to enter it.

mamabird3 03-06-2010 01:58 PM

I do see what you are talking about. I have no idea how much it would matter in a show. It may cost you a ribbon.... but it is so incredibly beautiful and worth showing no matter what! So I vote for still entering it. You should be proud, it is a great quilt.

wvdek 03-06-2010 01:59 PM

I too would enter it and let the judges decide.

Your fabric choice, design, color, and quilting are exceptional. If you had not pointed out the problem, we would not have noticed or if we had it would not have mattered.

ebony 03-06-2010 02:01 PM

Please... honest opinions? Is that a show stopper? Should I just be happy with the wonderful quilt it is and forget about showing it?
I see what you're talking about. I also think your quilt is beautiful and I think you should at least try to put it in a show. The most they can do is say no thank you and perhaps offer some advice on how to undo that mistake.

athenagwis 03-06-2010 02:02 PM

You didn't hear? Shadow lines are so 2010!!! It's a great design feature!! I say enter it, can't hurt to try!!! I have never entered a show, so I have no idea what things they look for, but the quilt is too stunning to not at least try!! :) :)

Rachel

pittsburgpam 03-06-2010 02:07 PM

I guess I'll never know if I don't enter it. Just that if I'm not going to enter it, I'm not going to wash and block it and sleeve it for hanging.

Lesson learned.... don't do that again.