Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sneak peek ( Elle the new pic is on page 14) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sneak-peek-elle-new-pic-page-14-a-t7913.html)

jbsstrawberry 08-07-2008 07:22 AM

Melissa you are doing a beautiful job!!!
I gotta ask, because eventually I'm going to get one, what is it that you prefer about the round hoop over the oval?

tlrnhi 08-07-2008 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Great job! Way to go!
So, when are you going to have it done and in the mail to me??

Terri-I saw it first. I will race you to Melissa's--first one to her house wins (PS-I left yesterday LOL)

Ok, you can have Melissa's since I'm getting Elle's. :)

all4quilt 08-07-2008 07:44 AM

Either way you lay it out, it will be so nice!! Love the civil war fabrics!

Susan

Celeste 08-07-2008 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
Bravo to you for hand quilting!! I'm impressed. When I try I I just have urges to get up and run around the house! :roll:

:lol: I can believe that. You are a woman of action! At least the sewing machine gives you the illusion that you are moving!

mgshaw 08-07-2008 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
I gotta ask, because eventually I'm going to get one, what is it that you prefer about the round hoop over the oval?

Well I think the main thing is that when I need to turn to go a different direction, and if it happens to be the long way of the oval it is just so awkward. But I started with a round hoop so it is probably really more that its is what I am more comfortable with.

bebe 08-07-2008 06:54 PM

Wow :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I love it and you are quilting by hand.... You go girl :D :D :D

mgshaw 08-07-2008 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I looked at those floor models but OMG they were so expensive in the UK and doubt if they would send it abroad, they always come up with the excuse its too heavy. Gee whizz what do we have UPS for I ask myself.

Just checked the price 175 Pounds that is 339.95$. Picking myself off the floor.

Guess what I got here in Spain a 10" round hoop, hand held for 3.50€, that will do me nicely :D :D

Elle, this one is no where near that heavy, if it weighs 10lbs, I would be surprised. I paid $10 for it at a garage sale!

jbsstrawberry 08-07-2008 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by mgshaw

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry

Well I think the main thing is that when I need to turn to go a different direction, and if it happens to be the long way of the oval it is just so awkward. But I started with a round hoop so it is probably really more that its is what I am more comfortable with.

You know...that makes a lot of sense!! It would be awkward having the different length thing. Thanks!!

Butterflyspain 08-07-2008 10:09 PM

Originally Posted by mgshaw

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I looked at those floor models but OMG they were so expensive in the UK and doubt if they would send it abroad, they always come up with the excuse its too heavy. Gee whizz what do we have UPS for I ask myself.

Just checked the price 175 Pounds that is 339.95$. Picking myself off the floor.

Guess what I got here in Spain a 10" round hoop, hand held for 3.50€, that will do me nicely :D :D

Elle, this one is no where near that heavy, if it weighs 10lbs, I would be surprised. I paid $10 for it at a garage sale!

Patchwork is a bit rare in the area where Izy and I live, so no hope of finding one of these babies cheap. However I am going to keep my eyes open. Ladies at the Group are getting together to go to Barcelona next March, so who know what we might come home with.

Elle