Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sneak peek ( Elle the new pic is on page 14) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sneak-peek-elle-new-pic-page-14-a-t7913.html)

mgshaw 07-21-2008 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by gcathie
guess I'm gonna be the odd man out... I like a border in a different fabric....Have you tried that???....just a thought.. :D :roll:

I did audition several other fabrics for a border, I tried some light and some dark, but nothing else really caught my fancy, I dont know if it was that they didnt look right with the color of the setting tiangle or what but they just didnt look right!

Bevanger 07-21-2008 06:18 AM

Border..... :)

mgshaw 07-21-2008 06:25 AM

opps miss read something so delete

barnbum 07-21-2008 07:17 AM

I went back and forth between the choices waiting for 51% to happen--and it didn't. Aren't I helpful? :roll:

You sure do good work--and I love love love love the colors. :D

Marcia 07-21-2008 07:35 AM

Melissa-You know I think your quilt is gorgeous. I am glad you decided to put the border on it-I think it really completes the quilt. You were really busy over the weekend!! I cannot wait to see it all finished!! :lol:

tlrnhi 07-21-2008 07:59 AM

I think it's really nice!
Wouldn't change a thing!

sandpat 07-21-2008 10:58 AM

OOhhhh, yes, I love it with the border. It looks great mgshaw :lol:

Riley 07-21-2008 01:33 PM

I hate to repeat myself on saying things. When you get old, everyone "thinks" (probably with good reason! :mrgreen: ) that you are senile & forgetful! So , please know I do know I have already posted this:

FABULOUS! This quilt is FABULOUS & one of the prettiest creations I have ever seen!
I love the Civil War Repos & have a nice selection of them. Maybe I need to send mine to you & have you put them together?

Saying it again....FABULOUS!!!!

Riley

mgshaw 07-21-2008 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Riley
I hate to repeat myself on saying things. When you get old, everyone "thinks" (probably with good reason! :mrgreen: ) that you are senile & forgetful! So , please know I do know I have already posted this:

FABULOUS! This quilt is FABULOUS & one of the prettiest creations I have ever seen!
I love the Civil War Repos & have a nice selection of them. Maybe I need to send mine to you & have you put them together?

Saying it again....FABULOUS!!!!

Riley

Aww Riley, its Ok you can repeat it as many times as you want, I dont mind :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you!

Riley 07-21-2008 02:24 PM

Would you be kind enough to tell me where you purchase your muslin? (I hope you order it?)

I love all the older Repos (C/W, 1930 repos, etc) I have a hard time buying good muslin with no LQS.

The DGD bought me some muslin that was Roc-Lon Brand from one of the Hobby Lobby stores . It is certainly OK(beggars cannot be choosers!) but it is a tad thin?

Yours does not seem to show your seam allowances through & I REALLY like that they do not show!

(Can you stand hearing it one more time? FABULOUS! :mrgreen: )

TIA! Riley