Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sneek Peek - the SECOND "Gone With the Wind" group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sneek-peek-second-%22gone-wind%22-group-t34680.html)

Favorite Fabrics 01-21-2010 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by montanaquilter
i just love the previews that you give us!! gets us thinking about what we can be making down the road and asking for at our LQS!!

Thanks for your comment, Lee, I appreciate it. It's always been my hope that the previews are helpful, and are win-win-win for everyone:

- it's like window-shopping in that it doesn't cost anything to look, and even planning for a project that never becomes real, still can be fun
- for real projects, you can see what's coming next, so you know what to wait for and/or ask your LQS for
- the LQS wins, too, because if the customers ask about a line, then the LQS gets a better idea of what they *should* be carrying. Every shop owner I've spoken to has said that it's hard to select fabrics to carry, because their own taste tends to drive the choices... when, to be the most successful, the choice has to be about what the customers like.

Honey 01-21-2010 09:50 AM

i just love the previews that you give us!! gets us thinking about what we can be making down the road and asking for at our LQS!!

I really appreciate that you take the time to do this for us. It sure beats paging through a quilt site to find something :thumbup:

Oklahoma Suzie 01-21-2010 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Honey

I really appreciate that you take the time to do this for us. It sure beats paging through a quilt site to find something :thumbup:

I agree, don't really like this line of fabric, but always look forward to what you post.

littlehud 01-21-2010 07:56 PM

That panel is great. The rest I could take or leave.

BKinCO 01-21-2010 08:16 PM

Oh my. I am a GWTW fanatic. I think I need all of these!!! When will they be available? And where??? THANKS for sharing!

Tadpole 01-21-2010 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by BKinCO
Oh my. I am a GWTW fanatic. I think I need all of these!!! When will they be available? And where??? THANKS for sharing!

DITTO!!! When the book Scarlett came out I couldn't wait until I got off from work to go and get it. I also have both movies!

Elisabrat 01-22-2010 02:59 AM

I totally enjoy your postings of fabric. I get a good idea of what is out or coming out and what the new trends are so you get a high five and a big online hug from this end. I always think of the curtain dress she wore in Gone with the Wind. Its been 20 yrs since I last saw that movie, thanks for the memories!

beckyw 01-22-2010 03:09 AM

Very different.

CajunQuilter2 01-22-2010 05:46 AM

Can I pre-order thru you? The GWTW one would be a great bAcking for the one I am doing for my friend. If I can pre-order with you please let me know so that I can do so.

charvan 01-22-2010 06:05 AM

I thoroughly enjoy your posting the new fabric lines--stimulates what little imagination I have left!

I would use the panel for a wall hanging in my sewing room.