Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sneek Peek - the SECOND "Gone With the Wind" group (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sneek-peek-second-%22gone-wind%22-group-t34680.html)

Favorite Fabrics 01-22-2010 09:48 AM

I'm glad that so many people are enjoying the previews!

Just so you know, I post whatever I think is interesting... whether or not I'm inclined to buy it for my shop, and whether or not I even like it personally.

If you'd like to know if I did decide to carry a particular fabric, I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable to receive a PM, rather than have the question posted in the thread. I'd be grateful for the business, of course, but I'm trying to walk a narrow line between a community member asking "Hey, this is new, what do you think of it?" and a business person. I'm trying very hard not to blur that distinction. This forum is a wonderful, lively place, but it would be totally ruined if it became just a place full of commercial posts and advertising. I hope you all understand.

MistyMarie 01-22-2010 09:55 AM

I think it is great that we can give our opinions about what we like and don't like and feel that it is being heard by a quilt store owner. I have been in too many quilt stores where it is obvious that the owner's tastes in fabric prevail throughout the shop. I like variety and having an eclectic selection to choose from. I don't like Thimbleberries, for example, so when I walk into a quiltstore and it looks like it showcases mostly these types of fabric, I don't spend much time in the shop. (I went on the Washington Shop Hop a few years ago and some stores I spent a good hour in and bought lots, whereas other stores I spent less than ten minutes in and left empty handed.)

butterflyquilter 01-22-2010 12:46 PM

I like your previews so please keep posting them for us!

Dodie 01-22-2010 03:31 PM

thank you so much for posting these fabric sneek peeks
I look forward to whats coming next I am still waiting on that buffalo fabric fron riverwoods thanks again
Dodie

peaceandjoy 01-22-2010 04:06 PM

Today's look at the Garden Song (think that was the one) was very much appreciated.

I actually was hoping that you worked in a storefront LQS. As I have reason to go to Buffalo frequently, I'd have SOOO been there in a heartbeat. Even online, your selections are nicer than the other shop (that has two locations) in the Buffalo area.

Quilt Mom 01-22-2010 04:12 PM

Thanks for posting the preview!

charvan 01-22-2010 06:18 PM

Got the Hancocks of Paducah catalog today, and they have different GWTW fabrics. Much larger prints; more for fussy cutting. Other coordinating colors to go with, also. Still like them.

kd124 01-22-2010 11:50 PM

I'm not really crazy about these ones especially the stripes. They remind me of wallpaper.

Favorite Fabrics 03-04-2010 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quilting Treasures added one more fabric for this group.

Favorite Fabrics 03-04-2010 08:05 PM

The fabrics should start appearing in quilt shops around August.