Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Some help with quilting suggestions please!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-help-quilting-suggestions-please-t25039.html)

GailG 09-07-2009 04:26 AM

Don't be sorry for posting those pics. Tell that brave daughter Thanks, from the bottom of my heart. We appreciate what she is doing for us and for our country.

Whew! I thought I was going bonkers. I was still seeing pictures of people. At last I see a quilt. That is really pretty. I don't have a clue how you would quilt it.

stitchinMamaw 09-07-2009 07:51 AM

Best wishes to you and your daughter ! I am so glad she came back home ok . Big thank you from all of us !

You quilt is beautiful . I just love wildlife quilts ! Was that a panel or just different pieces . The eagle on the branch really caught my eye . I can't find any fabric with eagles on it . As for the quilting I have no idea . Annie

gramysews 09-07-2009 08:54 AM

Gayle,
I don't have any suggestions for the quilting but your quilt is beautiful and so is your family! I want to thank them and you for making it easier for us to feel safe here in our great country. Bless you all.

Jim's Gem 09-07-2009 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by stitchinMamaw
Best wishes to you and your daughter ! I am so glad she came back home ok . Big thank you from all of us !

You quilt is beautiful . I just love wildlife quilts ! Was that a panel or just different pieces . The eagle on the branch really caught my eye . I can't find any fabric with eagles on it . As for the quilting I have no idea . Annie

Thank you!

I bought this as a kit while on an Alaskan Cruise. They are individual pieces of fabric. I ended up replacing about 5 of the focus fabrics cause there was not a good variety.
I have several fabrics with eagles. My daughter who went to Iraq loves Eagles and so I have collected several different ones to use in a quilt for her ( I have 4 kids and I collected fabrics for each of their 2 favorite animals, eagles, horses, dolphins, killer whales, polar bears, sharks & wolves (2 like wolves)) I have not made anything with them yet, though I finished collecting about 4 years ago, which make the fabrics 4-8 years old. A large project for some day!!

isewman 09-07-2009 05:02 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I may be jumping the gun a little.. I posted pictures, of my newest quilt, with only 4 block's.. Anyhow, I've got 3 row's sewed together, and thought might as well post what I have done already.. I've became more excited, now, so I cant wait until I get the other 3 row's done.. I'm just now getting 8 block's pinned, so I'll be able to get them sewed tomorrow.. I've got my 2 chihuahua here with me now, and typing with my right hand only. Chico is on my lap, and Minnie, holding her in my left arm.. Anyhow every take care, and again WELCOME to the newer members. Don--isewman1

My 3 row' sewed together, already.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33312[/ATTACH]

A close up view of what I have done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]33314[/ATTACH]

Chico and Minnie sitting together in front of my house. Not very often do they sit together. They do play together by chasing each other,
[ATTACH=CONFIG]34169[/ATTACH]

sewjoyce 09-07-2009 05:09 PM

Don -- very nice quilt!! And a friend of mine has a black puppy almost like yours....

Jim's Gem 09-07-2009 07:01 PM

Your quilt looks great Don!!!!

However do you realize that you posted it on a thread that I have? You may not get very many looks at your quilt and message cause this has been on here a couple of days. I don't mind, but you man want to repost with a new topic thread!