Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Some help with quilting suggestions please!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-help-quilting-suggestions-please-t25039.html)

Jim's Gem 09-04-2009 12:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I need to have this quilt done for a birthday party on the 19th. I am giving it to my MIL for taking us on an Alaskan Cruise (her b-day is the 8th) I have been studying it for the last week and still have not come up with a plan. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks

Jim's Gem 09-04-2009 12:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hmmmmm those are not the pictures I selected!!! How did that happen? These are pictures of my daughter and her husband and my daughter and her father when we picked her up at the airport as she returned from Iraq on Wednesday. I posted them somewhere else earlier today.
Why did they show up again?

I don't know what is going on..... it gave me the same pictures again....

Jim's Gem 09-04-2009 12:27 PM

Now the first pictures have changed. This is weird, sorry everyone.

billswife99 09-04-2009 12:30 PM

I see quilts so you must have got the pics fixed.

What about a wavy line straight down the middle, then echo it all the way across both sides. That might feel like a cruise and would be really easy. Well easy for those of you that can fmq! :-)

vicki reno 09-04-2009 12:58 PM

One of the ladies that I sew with did stitching on the diagonal, but with a wavy stitch selected. It came out really pretty. Maybe that would work.

mimisharon 09-04-2009 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by vicki reno
One of the ladies that I sew with did stitching on the diagonal, but with a wavy stitch selected. It came out really pretty. Maybe that would work.

Vicki's idea gets my vote! I've done the stitch in the ditch around pictures then did a wavy line through the background. It anchors the pictures and makes the rest look like the waving water.

Try drawing it with chalk to see if you'll like the look. I love love love the quilt.

Please give your daughter a hug from this Army Mom and tell her I said Thank You! God Bless our military!

Hugs,
Sharon

RedGarnet222 09-04-2009 04:58 PM

Gee That sounds so good that I have no idea now what would be better. :D

thismomquilts 09-05-2009 01:47 AM

Tell your daughter thank you - for being willing to serve our country to help save our freedoms!!!

dunster 09-05-2009 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by billswife99
I see quilts so you must have got the pics fixed.

What about a wavy line straight down the middle, then echo it all the way across both sides. That might feel like a cruise and would be really easy. Well easy for those of you that can fmq! :-)

I still see the people! No quilts!

Congratulations on having a daughter who is serving her country. Thank her for us.

Jim's Gem 09-05-2009 08:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I don't know what this is doing. I have a post in the PDA section talking about my daughters return. When I posted a quilt on here it changed the picture there. I went back to that one and put her picture back and it changed the picture here.
I need to get this quilt done but am at a loss on the quilting, so of course I am working on my fall block exchange
Let me try again.