Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Someone's buying this--is it quilted enough? What price???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/someones-buying-quilted-enough-what-price-t6566.html)

barnbum 04-28-2008 03:48 PM

tricia--having a sale that often and thinking aobut keeping up with having items made makes me weary. I don't know how you do that. I'd fold. :wink:

patricej 04-28-2008 03:49 PM

well if i have to do all the hard work myself, i guess i'll just take her for ice cream. :roll:

triciasquilts 04-28-2008 03:54 PM

Karla, when I decided to do this full time, I quit my job(where I worked 60-70 hrs a week) and dived right in. I didn't think I would be organizing craft shows, but its been a blessing. I have made such great friends from all over the Northwest area.
Sure sometimes its stressful when I have alot of internet orders and I still have to get stuff done for the weekend too. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I have 4 tables and some display units that are full. You can kind of see from my avator pic what my booth looks like!!!!

tlrnhi 04-28-2008 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by triciasquilts
Terri, Wish you lived here. I have a show every weekend and I would love to have another quilter here. I helped organize a craft show in the mall (plus I organize all the other vendors too) that we run in the wintertime(Oct.-May). Its a great venue. Then in the summer, I have markets and festivals every weekend. Its alot of work, but also alot of fun to sell your stuff and have people just love it. :-)

Right now I wished I lived anywhere but here!

dkbeck 07-23-2008 03:55 AM

just went to your website. do you have any free time? the quilts are awsome. and the horses are cute.

barnbum 07-23-2008 04:12 AM

Thanks, dkbeck. :D Yes, I get free time. My computer time is my down time where I don't have to be moving... I just keep a steady pace--a lot can get done that way. :wink:

Tigerbaby1981 07-23-2008 04:43 AM

Karla I love the quilt! and I agree its soo hard to know what to ask and hard to not say oh ok you can have it for this. BUt I also find a lot of people Cheap! Its all the box stores and mass production on cheaply made stuff.

Bevanger 07-23-2008 05:00 AM

Can't help on the pricing, but it sure is pretty....... GREAT JOB!

vicki reno 07-23-2008 05:29 AM

I may be out of line here, but I'd start with $100.00. If she wants to bargain, you can always drop down a little with no problem. But I wouldn't sell myself short if I were you. It isn't an outrageous price and your work is definitely worth that much. But like I said, at $100., you at least have a little bargaining room.

barnbum 07-23-2008 05:33 AM

Oh gohs, guys--this is an old post. I offered it to her for $85--she asked if I'd take $75--and I let her have it. The woman is the mother of a set of identical twin boys I had in my room last year--and she did a lot to help out--and bought me way too much stuff... so it was fine. I even received a thank you note from her mother-in-law. :D

Thanks for the ideas, though.... I have many more to price. tranquilty, The Wild Thing, Patriotoc Hearts.... at least I know what I'm asking for the table runners! and the Talk-About-Quilts.