Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Started a Craftsy Class - I think I see more in my future (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/started-craftsy-class-i-think-i-see-more-my-future-t193165.html)

jmabby 07-01-2012 02:25 PM

Boy! you are doing good. I bought that class, but haven't tried it yet. They do have the quilting classes for only $19.99 now. Actually I only enroll when they are at that price, so far I have signed up for 12 classes - the same price I paid for only 2 classes at a quilt shop, but now I can review them as often as I want -- forever. Good deal for me since my SUV is a gas hog.

I believe that class is "Beyond Basic Quilting" by Ann Peterson.

joyce888 07-01-2012 02:33 PM

Great job! I may have to check it out. Thanks!

pjnesler 07-01-2012 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by liese (Post 5330338)
WOW!! What a GREAT job you've done with your free motion quilting. I keep looking at these things and thinking how difficult and time consuming they must be. Besides that, being a perfectionist doesn't help me wanting to try this. Tell me how difficult or not difficult it is????

Thanks for the kind words - I'm enjoying the class, and don't look at it as difficult at all, the instructor talks through and shows everything so well that I would think most folks that try would be successful at it. I took the samples I've done so far to work to show some gals that also thought it must be hard, but just said where there's a will there's a way, we all learned to walk right? The part I didn't "enjoy" was getting the quilt sandwichs ready for practice and the final project, I just wanted to dive right in, we all know that doesn't work. I have now decided I'm going to keep a bunch of quilt sandwiches ready to go for future practice projects. When done, they are all going together into a "quilt as you go" type project.

KathyKat 07-01-2012 03:09 PM

Very pretty! I'll have to investigate Craftsy.

pjnesler 07-01-2012 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by jmabby (Post 5331604)
Boy! you are doing good. I bought that class, but haven't tried it yet. They do have the quilting classes for only $19.99 now. Actually I only enroll when they are at that price, so far I have signed up for 12 classes - the same price I paid for only 2 classes at a quilt shop, but now I can review them as often as I want -- forever. Good deal for me since my SUV is a gas hog.

YES! when you consider the gas on top of class prices the Craftsy courses are great deals. Gas is just the tip of the iceburg - as soon as I hit the quilt shop I spend more money, and may even NEED to take a side trip to JoAnns or Hancock's...
I believe that class is "Beoyond Basic Quilting" by Ann Peterson.

======================

pjnesler 07-01-2012 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by T. (Post 5330678)
wow! what an inspiration! I have thought about taking the class, but wasn't sure if I can do it myself. Did you do it on your domestic machine? Wasn't the class on sale a couple of days ago for 19.99? OOOOhhhh, and I missed it!
I think I will have to try it...thank you, keep up the good work :)

Yes, this was on my domestic - Viking

pjnesler 07-01-2012 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Donnasue (Post 5331436)
I haven't yet, but love this!! How do you take the classes?

You take the class right on the computer - the instructor tells you about herself and the course, tells you to find the few pages of information to print out for reference. She walks you through how to "draw" the designs so you will be comfortable with it when you get to making it on a practice sandwich before you do it on your finished piece of art...slowly working through the variety of feathers, circles, everything you need to get a nice size sampler of your work completd -

krissr 07-01-2012 03:53 PM

that is great. what is their addy. I would love to look

margie77072 07-01-2012 04:06 PM

I've signed up for the "How to quilt a big quilt on my dsm at home. So far, i've just watched.

nannyrick 07-01-2012 04:34 PM

You are doing wonderful!!! I have this class but have not gotten into it quite like you have. Great job.