Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Started a Craftsy Class - I think I see more in my future (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/started-craftsy-class-i-think-i-see-more-my-future-t193165.html)

pjnesler 07-02-2012 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter (Post 5332221)
That is great - you did a great job. Do you think this class would work for long arm machines?

I would think much of the basics she is showing would be helpful to long arm machine folks, I hope she does an additional class to help us develop our own creativity to figure out how to build out designs to suit our own quilts, when I look at quilt patterns and see "QUILT AS DESIRED" I'm usually lost.

PghPat 07-02-2012 05:38 PM

I just signed up for the class and watched the first lesson. Maybe it's just me but I felt like when I read a book and it starts out sooo slow that it gets boreing waiting to get into the meat of the story. I am interested in hearing about the instructror but I think this was a little too long and windy. I have no doubt as it goes on, as in most books it will be great and I'll be glad that I stuck with it. But for tonight (maybe I'm just too tired), I've got to put it down and hope I don't wait too long to get back to it.

franc36 07-02-2012 06:00 PM

I have signed up for all of the quilting classes; but haven't completed any of them. I very much enjoy doing the lessons; but my free motion quilting is not nearly as good as yours. You are doing an awesome job! Today, I did the first lesson in the Civil War quilt class. I really enjoyed making the block and can't wait to make the next block tomorrow. The Craftsy BOM is the one course that I really keep up with. I love making those blocks! I'm so glad this months the Dresden Plate. I had always wanted to make that block. You have inspired me to go back and work on the free motion quilting course. Thanks!

rrhaigh 07-02-2012 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ruby the Quilter (Post 5332221)
That is great - you did a great job. Do you think this class would work for long arm machines?

I emailed them and asked if it would work for long arms. They said I wouldn't be able to complete the class with a long arm, still valuable to learn to free motion.

debcavan 07-02-2012 06:57 PM

Did you know they have a block of the month for free.

dd55 07-06-2012 03:36 AM

wow, you did a wonderful job. i may have to sign up for that class.

ItsJustMe 07-08-2012 09:21 AM

Absolutely beautiful! I've signed up for and taken five classes so far! They're wonderful!

jojosnana 07-08-2012 09:26 AM

I just started and Love it! I have done all the blocks Jan thrum July this week. I ordered five more classes last week because the were on sale for half price. I love this. I can go in my sewing room and do whatever class I want whenever I want. I am hooked. Try the free bom to start.

pjnesler 07-09-2012 03:55 AM

Two more benefits of taking the Craftsy class I've found so far -

1. As I've been working on my "Floral Sampler" for the class, I've used some threads I purchased just because I thought I'd use them someday - that day has come, and I love the threads, and will find more uses for them.

2. When my DXH ( dear x husband - still a great friend) wonders "why did you do it that way" I show him the class video!

Jammin' Jane 09-18-2012 10:35 AM

WOW! You are doing amazingly well! :)
I might have to check out those classes!