Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Storm At Sea (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/storm-sea-t250471.html)

Ninnie 07-31-2014 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by CAS49OR (Post 6825923)
The pictures are great, and again -- I love your fabrics.
I tried making blocks like your second set of units and when I tried to match them to other units they were all too small. I traced a template, as I remember.

Any idea why? Maybe I didn't print the templates out the right size. Hey, I just thought of that! I bet that's it. It just came to me because I remember when I was doing the 2013 BOTM here the templates would not print out the right size in Chrome but hey did in Internet Explorer.

yes that happened to me also when making a template copy i could send to others. u can change the settings on the printer and also not use a border when u r printing out. It is easy if you know what the sizes of the sides are supposed to be. sometimes when I have a problem like that i will go to sleep with it on my mind and lol at 3am awaken with the solution. Then I just have to get up and do it right then lol . Us quilters do become obsessed sometimes :):):)

Ninnie 08-13-2014 07:53 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok. well took a tiny break. went on short road trip. but back at machine hard at it Also went to the gym Monday and worked out with a trainer lol. Had to crawl out of bed the last 2 mornings, but will go back tomorrow. Ok Here are the latest pics of the latest unit. This one is made up of one square and 4 HST. When I am doing these i always try to make sure i have them center to center. The square I fold wrong side to wrong side and crease it with my nail, and the HST i fold right side to right side and crease it in middle . then your crease in your HST will fit right over the crease in you square and u know u have the center. I place a pin there and one on each side of center. This was an easy unit to make. I had to do 24 of these So far we have a total of 104 units with 416 pieces. Here are the pics. also a pic of all 3 sets of units.

Susann 08-13-2014 08:17 AM

Hope you enjoyed your trip and are moving a little easier today. Glad you're back to posting-love to follow your progress!!

lynnie 08-13-2014 08:58 AM

please show us as soon as you get a block going. that's been on my bucket list for at least 30 yrs. maybe someday......

Ninnie 08-14-2014 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by lynnie (Post 6843425)
please show us as soon as you get a block going. that's been on my bucket list for at least 30 yrs. maybe someday......

Well spent some time this morning cleaning lol came up for air. and all the dog ears are gone now. Cleaned sewing table so back to it i go. Have 3 more sets of units to put together and then guys we will start putting the top together. It is always exciting to me to see the pattern come to life. Well enough chatting. back to my sewing machine i go :):):)

chickadee_42us 08-15-2014 05:44 PM

thanks for the update :D

AngeliaNR 08-20-2014 09:04 PM

Is your pattern in a book? I've seen instructions on line, but I need sizes and number clearly written out, so I can follow them, and I don't know which book or pattern instructions are best. Any recommendations?

CAS49OR 08-21-2014 10:17 AM

Congrats on working out! Proud of you. It's so hard at first when you're so sore. Your diamonds look great!

wesing 09-14-2014 01:08 PM

Ninnie -

It's been a month! I've been waiting (kinda) patiently for the next set of pictures!

Darren

BrendaK 09-14-2014 01:59 PM

I also am waiting. Hope all is ok at your end. Look forward to the next installment. BrendaK