Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Three Completions!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/three-completions-t122204.html)

QuiltE 05-10-2011 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by GreatStarter
Great job on all of them. Wow, Christmas gifts ready this early in year. Clapping!!! I love the butterfly quilting on your first piece. Oh and I loved the sheep too. Great idea to make pillowcases to store quilts in.
Kat

heck no! No presents at all. I had the quilt made for this past Christmas and enjoyed it throughout. Had made some extra sheep at the time, and then decided the zippered cover would be a good idea.

QuiltE 05-10-2011 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by debcavan
They are all wonderful. But my mouth just dropped at the beauty of that floral one.

*blush*
The floral fabric is what makes it .... and it's such an easy-peazy-no-mind make! :)

stichinluvr 05-10-2011 05:15 PM

Awesome. They are all wonderful.

dellareya 05-10-2011 05:20 PM

I love your quilts. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. I especially like the shepherd with the sheep. Did you use a pattern for it? Can I ask the name of the pattern? I would really love to make one of these. Thank you for sharing your lovely work. I always get inspired when I see what people have accomplished.

Jingle 05-10-2011 05:24 PM

All are gorgeous, first one is my favorite, cute Kitty also. The quilting is gorgeous also. I always round my corners to keep them from hanging on the floor, your idea is good also.

QuiltE 05-10-2011 05:33 PM

OK everyone ... have to fess up!!!

The cat is not real!! It's one of those fun fake ones that are pretty realistic ..... and over the years has fooled people as the real thing. With all the Quilt Inspectors that get shown, I just had to include it.

The dog didn't quite make it into the pics ... to the right of the Stained Glass quilt. Yes, a lifesized black lab in a soft plush ... again very realistic from the distance.

Yes, I'm a little warped!!! :)

stichinluvr 05-10-2011 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

The cat is not real!! It's one of those fun fake ones that are pretty realistic ..... and over the years has fooled people as the real thing. With all the Quilt Inspectors that get shown, I just had to include it.

The dog didn't quite make it into the pics ... to the right of the Stained Glass quilt. Yes, a lifesized black lab in a soft plush ... again very realistic from the distance.

haha - what a hoot. I think you fooled all of us!

cjomomma 05-10-2011 05:47 PM

To be honest I didn't notice the cat til someone mentioned it.

earthwalker 05-10-2011 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

No, warped would be a real taxidermy piece! And yes...I know someone who did this, but that's a whole other story!

What a stunning collection, your piecing and quilting is superb. Love the fabrics and the backs (I'm really into looking at quilt backs at the moment). Thanks for sharing with us, it keeps us motivated and inspired.

:-)

MamaBear61 05-10-2011 05:57 PM

They are all lovely and I really like the quilting on your floral, butterflies on the roses, perfect. Are your sheep appliqued or pieced my favourite is the black one. Congratulations again on getting these all completed, well done!!!!!