Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Three Completions!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/three-completions-t122204.html)

Treasureit 05-10-2011 06:44 PM

Those are inspiring! I like them all

MamaBear61 05-10-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE

Originally Posted by MamaBear61
They are all lovely and I really like the quilting on your floral, butterflies on the roses, perfect. Are your sheep appliqued or pieced my favourite is the black one. Congratulations again on getting these all completed, well done!!!!!

All pieced! I am so not an applique person!! :) Of course, had to have a black sheep in the family .... and how about the wayward one? :)

I totally missed the wayward one, has to be one in every herd, headed south when everyone else is headed north :lol:

Barb44 05-10-2011 06:57 PM

I made a quilt like that years ago. It was an Eleanor Burns pattern called Garden Trellis. She made it on her show. I sold that quilt for good money.

I love your quilting. Is it done with a long arm? I know nothing about LA quilting but I have gathered from board comments that there are patterns you program into a LA? Is that what this is? I'm fascinated because it is so perfect. Love the feathers and the butterflies.

Dianemarie 05-10-2011 07:03 PM

Oh my you have been very busy ! I came to this site to get inspiration and its beyond that ! I can't even begin to keep up with the patterns I like let alone get them made !

karenm36 05-10-2011 07:07 PM

These are beautiful!!!! Love especially the stained glass and the sheep. You do really nice work!

Kelly R 05-10-2011 07:18 PM

I love them all! I'm a new quilter, and these show me that I have SEW much to learn. The butterfly quilting inspires me to eventually try something other than stitch in the ditch. Looking at your stained glass, I see that I really have a lot to learn about how to use black and white fabrics. And those sheep are just darn cute! Thanks for all the inspiration!

mamajack3 05-10-2011 07:36 PM

All are nice but I love the sheep quilt and pillow.

QuiltE 05-10-2011 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Barb44
I made a quilt like that years ago. It was an Eleanor Burns pattern called Garden Trellis. She made it on her show. I sold that quilt for good money.

I love your quilting. Is it done with a long arm? I know nothing about LA quilting but I have gathered from board comments that there are patterns you program into a LA? Is that what this is? I'm fascinated because it is so perfect. Love the feathers and the butterflies.

Yes it's long arm quilting ... no I don't do it myself and have a local LAQ who does it for me. We usually try to pick something that fits the quilt ... in this case there were a few butterflies in the quilt, so the quilting made sense! The shepherd and sheep had a star pattern.

4EVERquilt 05-10-2011 07:40 PM

Those are beautiful quilts, feels good to finish them I bet!

Unique Creations 05-10-2011 08:45 PM

WOW!!! Those are all wonderful!! Thanks for sharing.