Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Three Old Quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/three-old-quilts-t10339.html)

Marcia 08-20-2008 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
Marcia!! You stood on the dresser? :shock: Well, hence forth I dub thee Marcia aka Quilting Cat Woman :D

LOL :D Lisa--you are too funny!!!

Elizabeth A. 08-20-2008 05:57 AM

I'll keep that in mind Marcia, I don't have any current plans for Alanta, but you never know like you say it's right across the state line, you never know what the future holds.

I'm sure your Grandmother is smiling, she knows what a great grandma you have become at least in part by her example.

I agree about the cat woman quilter, so nice of you to climb on furniture for us. Maybe you also need to make sure to add a real copy of that photograph to your photo album, that way the girls could see and remember the room just how you had it when they are older.

It's just awful about lossing one of your dear quilts to the movers. At least it was only the one that they ended up with. Not that it helps much. Perhaps it ended up in the hands of another child that will love it. Hey we can all dream can't we?

LinK 08-20-2008 12:40 PM

These are 3 beautiful quilts on beautiful beds. Your grandchildren are so lucky. I have 1 quilt made by my grandmother-it's a fan shape don in 30's fabrics. My DD sometime uses it on her bed. It was made to be used like yours are.

ruthie 08-20-2008 12:59 PM

Marcia,
What beautiful quilts. I had much the same situation only my grandmother left me just the tops. I quilted them and gave them to my grandchildren. They love and cherish them.

quilt addict 08-20-2008 04:31 PM

These are wonderful, it is wonderful that they are out where they can be seen and enjoyed. I can just imagine the little ones snuggled under them and full of giggles when they are supposed to be sleeping.

Thank you so much for sharing.

Boston1954 08-20-2008 04:50 PM

That is lovely! They look like they are in great shape for being made so long ago. What a wonderful comfy looking room for your girls. I bet they just love coming to visit.

Anne

jacquemoe 08-20-2008 05:35 PM

That is just precisous! For some reason, it reminds me of my childhood and we never had quilts. Those have to be very special. Just wonderful. Glad you didn't break your neck taking the photo. I wondered if you were hanging from the ceiling, lol.

zyxquilts 08-20-2008 10:18 PM

Love your "Granddaughters' Dorm Room"!! The quilts are absolutely fabulous! It's wonderful that you are really using them, as they were meant to be used too. It's a great tribute to your grandmother. :D:D

Knot Sew 08-21-2008 06:03 AM

Special grandmother, of special granchildren, sleep under very special and beautiful quilts :D

retrogirl02 08-21-2008 07:43 AM

WOW those are beautiful, Marcia. The details are incredible and you can tell that they were made with love. I adore the beds, too. What a fantastic room!!!