Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The Tree of Life is done. Want to see? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/tree-life-done-want-see-t4851.html)

Celeste 03-01-2008 04:32 PM

Beautiful workmanship and GORGEOUS colors!

nanabirdmo 03-01-2008 06:41 PM

barn, when i saw your tree i said "OH, WOW!!" right out loud.
it is very beautiful it looks really complicated. you did a magnificent job.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lois-nounoe 03-01-2008 07:16 PM

Ah, Barnbum! Another job well done. Beautiful tree reminds me of fall around here. (Not that I'm not looking forward to Spring and Summer so I can get out in the sun and simmer awhile.) But the fall season is the most beautiful time of the year. (If it would only stay around 75 or 80 degrees.) :lol:

blahel 03-01-2008 08:37 PM

beautiful autumn colors! makes me want to try to make one but dont think i am quite ready... but one day soon i hope!

live2teach 03-01-2008 09:24 PM

That is gorgeous and jeesh you are fast. I love this and all of the autumn colors have me wishing for Fall.

patricej 03-02-2008 03:38 AM

just gorgeous!!! so rich and colorful. such precise piecing.

when are you giving us another class? we want more!!! :wink:

Rebecca Chambley 03-02-2008 04:19 AM

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

barnbum 03-02-2008 05:35 AM

No more classes, Patrice. I'm not ready to tell folks how to do anything. :shock: Someone was curious as to how the heck it was made--as was I when I first saw it. So I snapped a few photos along the way. Same as most quilts--just follow the directions and use seam ripper as needed. :D

My daughter said she doesn't think it'll work in a dorm room, but she wants one for her apartment when dorm rooms are history. I'll work up a whole 4 seasons for her when the times comes. I have a year or two. So...I think my friend is going to be happy when this arrives in her mailbox. :wink:

I'm going to get a better picture of the outer border color--you gals have got to see it.

barnbum 03-02-2008 06:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Can you see the border color any better here? I think it's the blue in it that won't pick up.... my husband held it in the sunlite kitchen for me--didn't show it. So I put it on the clothesline, but it was just breezy enough to make it difficult. :roll: I held the corner to try to get a photo.

PS I've learned my lesson about leaving unfinished quilt tops on the line in the wind--it unravels the sides enough to mandate a trim--and then everything's off..... ugh. As soon as I remembered that important fact, I took it down.

Pam Pollock 03-02-2008 09:25 AM

Barnbum, That is a nice size for a wall hanging. Again, I really love your block & the colors you used. That green is just gorgeous!! It's nice to find a really nice green. Those colors are all so nice together. Where did you get the pattern?