Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The Tree of Life is done. Want to see? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/tree-life-done-want-see-t4851.html)

barnbum 03-01-2008 02:57 PM

3 Attachment(s)
It's the weekend and too windy and snowy to be outside playing with horses, so I got to sew!! :D :D

This sure took awhile. And I had to be very awake and focused to work on it or mistakes were too easy to make--which is why I didn't dare work on it through the week due to weariness after everything else was done. :wink:

I had to keep the seam ripper handy for several spots. The skinny border strips didn't fit, so I recut them and left them long and trimmed. I was worried about the outer borders, but they fit fine. Thank goodness. Not all the spots match up perfectly, but good enough!

If my daughter wants one for her dorm room next year, she gets the 2nd one, other wise it goes to a dear friend I've never met, but we're kindred spirits. (We meet this summer.)

The pictures show everything pretty good EXCEPT the outer border color--it's the richest blue green I've ever seen. It's a fabric by Blank Textiles and is so thick I often checked to see if I had two pieces. I love the stuff!!

The gray was a last minute decision and I'm so glad I added it. It makes the tree pop and tells a story of a vibrant fall tree on the brink of winter.... :D

Pam Pollock 03-01-2008 03:01 PM

Very Pretty!! What size is the block?

Moonpi 03-01-2008 03:04 PM

Gorgeous!!!!

barnbum 03-01-2008 03:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Pam, it's 29.5 square. Amazingly--that's exactly what it's supposed to be. :D

I wish those top two leaves matched up!! Drats! I need the smiley that's pulling her hair out. :roll:

I think I can quilt this one.

Now I have another pile of triangles to sew for some future project....

Someone earlier asked how it was done--I took a few pictures to show that before I sewed the first two squares...here they are...I'll number them because they never come in order....

Step 1 This is a block 1 and a block 2. Block two has a diagonal line drawn on the back
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6904[/ATTACH]

Step 3 I folded it back to see how it should look once it's sewed, trimmed and ironed.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6908[/ATTACH]

Step 2 Then block 2 is placed over block one and ti's sewed on the diagonal line...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6909[/ATTACH]

barnbum 03-01-2008 03:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Good grief! The pictures above came in the worse order!! Grr.

Oh well--here's what it looked like once all the blocks were sewed, trimmed, and ironed.

And another before the last border was added.

helenrhoades 03-01-2008 03:34 PM

Love this:!:

Shadow Dancer 03-01-2008 03:44 PM

I love it!! It's beautiful! :)

Knot Sew 03-01-2008 04:18 PM

Very pretty, you did a great job :D

Dawn Hendrix 03-01-2008 04:24 PM

WOW .. what a fabulous tree// You did a GREAT JOB!

Kyiav10 03-01-2008 04:31 PM

This is great. You are so lucky to be able to get so many projects done.

Great work.

Kyia