Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The Truly Ugliest Quilt Top (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/truly-ugliest-quilt-top-t78768.html)

Tracy50 11-26-2010 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
There is nothing good to say about this top! Don't bother saying anything good. I just want to know what to do with it? It's too ugly for a gift, and it's too small for charity (& too ugly for that too...LOL), it is the only quilt I machine applique'd and it was done in a machine applique' class. Took me two days to make this ugliness! Is there anything I can do to save it or should I just take it apart and use the squares in something different like pillows for kids or something like that?

hugs

t

AngieS 11-26-2010 06:51 AM

I honestly dont thin that is ugly! Just press it and turn it into a wall hanging? Or make it the center of a bigger quilt with some of the same shade of fabric. I really don't think its ugly at all. My boys would love that in a quilt are you kidding? Seriously!!

Leota 11-26-2010 06:51 AM

Right now it's not pretty but it's not finished either...
what are the dimensions?
save it and join the IRR next August... you'll be amazed at what other people can do with an "ugly" center.

nativetexan 11-26-2010 06:53 AM

well, adding borders around it would help take the eye away and make it larger. it will look fine and you'll find a use for it yet! even if you end up giving it to charity.
i just made a very small one out of fleece squares. left overs from larger fleece cover ups with ties on the sides. i may give it to charity.

Raggiemom 11-26-2010 06:53 AM

I actually don't think it's ugly, it would make a great wall hanging or expand it into a boy's quilt. Remember, what we personally think is ugly someone else will often love!

renee765 11-26-2010 06:53 AM

First of all, I don't think it's that ugly. However, it sounds like it's not your taste, so I suggest finishing it off as a wall hanging, and use it on the back door to announce to critters that you are a critter-friendly home.

magpie 11-26-2010 06:57 AM

Like the others, I say finish it to size for a charity quilt using borders. Some little boy is going to love this quilt.

leonajo 11-26-2010 06:58 AM

I don't think its that bad. I think I would add another block section on the side and then but several borders on it. The fabrics are great when u look at them indivually. keep with the animal theme. U could always use it to keep in ur car? Or it would make a great lap quilt for a man or outdoors type woman....think " green " and be proud of it. Looks like ur applique turned out really well. Great gecko! So the class was a sucess!!!

stewyscrewy 11-26-2010 06:59 AM

wall hanging for a kid for sure. just add a few boders to make it a wee bit larger.

Tracy50 11-26-2010 07:04 AM

Thanks for the help! I should have known I could count on you guys to come up with something positive. I love all the ideas! I was gonna toss it! Thanks to All!!

Quilty Hugs -

Tracy