Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Uneven Log Cabin Top finished!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/uneven-log-cabin-top-finished-t98075.html)

golfer 02-13-2011 01:58 PM

Izy, you did a wonderful job on the quilt. Have you thought about standing on the side of the sewing machine (have it on a high table) and you would have room for the quilt to hang down. Rather than facing the sewing machine, face it on the side and you can machine quilt it. A friend has tried this and it worked for her.

Lucinda 02-13-2011 04:04 PM

that sounds interesting I will try it

Izy 02-14-2011 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by golfer
Izy, you did a wonderful job on the quilt. Have you thought about standing on the side of the sewing machine (have it on a high table) and you would have room for the quilt to hang down. Rather than facing the sewing machine, face it on the side and you can machine quilt it. A friend has tried this and it worked for her.

This is a great idea if your machine sits on a table, I am lucky to have mine set into a purpose made table, which makes quilting a lot easier ;)

I have made a start, echo quilted around applique, now doing a medium size meander all over, it's looking ok, doesn't distract from the blocks...but my blinking machine is playing up! Hope it behaves today!! :roll: :lol: :D

nancyz 02-14-2011 09:24 AM

won't you have to add a small border in order to place your binding without losing part of the logs?

You could stitch in the ditch for the quilting, only doing some of the sems or around each block?

Izy 02-14-2011 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by nancyz
won't you have to add a small border in order to place your binding without losing part of the logs?

You could stitch in the ditch for the quilting, only doing some of the sems or around each block?

I shouldn't do, as there is a seam allowance included in final strip, so will stitch binding at 1/4" too

:wink: :D

I am half way through meandering it, I am quite pleased with how it is looking.... :P

CoventryUK 02-14-2011 02:17 PM

Izy I have a tame Longarmer I use in Hinckley Leicestershire!! I have used her for the past 8/9yrs!!

Izy 02-14-2011 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Izy I have a tame Longarmer I use in Hinckley Leicestershire!! I have used her for the past 8/9yrs!!

Need to win the lottery to justify paying someone to do it for me Hilary...AND IF I win the lottery..I will treat myself to my own longarm machine (I wish....then I would have to build an extention on the cottage to fit it in tee hee!!)

Saying that if I ever do get fed up of meandering I will certainly use the lady you use!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am about 3/4 done on the meandering now...machine still playing up, think it's to do with the thread 'sweeper' as stitches aren't forming...then it kicks in and seems o.k. til I change bobbins...strange :roll: :cry:

CoventryUK 02-14-2011 02:47 PM

Think it must be the day for machine malfunction!! I noticed another thread on here and someone mentioning having machine problems!!!!! Hope yours is sorted now!! Sarahs machine seemed to object to Gutterman thread!!! :roll: You have worked apace on the Log Cabin!! I'm sure it looks fab!! :thumbup:

DoxieMom 02-14-2011 03:15 PM

The top is beautiful and I love how you incorporated the dogs! Very nice!

Izy 02-14-2011 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by CoventryUK
Think it must be the day for machine malfunction!! I noticed another thread on here and someone mentioning having machine problems!!!!! Hope yours is sorted now!! Sarahs machine seemed to object to Gutterman thread!!! :roll: You have worked apace on the Log Cabin!! I'm sure it looks fab!! :thumbup:

Got other projects I want to get started on Hilary, need to get this one DONE!! No machine still playing up, I will HAVE to get it serviced asap!

:-D